PDA

View Full Version : How to Turn Off Digital Out When Powered Off?

WilCox
2008-09-02, 11:15
I upgraded to SqueezeCenter 7.2 last night, but still haven't figured out how to make the digital outputs turn off when the Squeezebox is turned off so that my DAC's, Digital Link III's, go into their sleep mode as they have done in previous SqueezeCenter releases.

"Disable Ouputs When Off" under Player/Audio settings does not seem to affect the digital outputs (S/PDIF optical or coax).

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

WilCox
2008-09-03, 03:52
Anybody have any ideas?

radish
2008-09-03, 06:54
Well, that's what it's supposed to do. If it's not working for you (but it used to in a previous version) you should probably file a bug @ bugs.slimdevices.com

WilCox
2008-09-04, 05:00
Well, that's what it's supposed to do. If it's not working for you (but it used to in a previous version) you should probably file a bug @ bugs.slimdevices.com
Will do. Thanks!

u300
2008-09-05, 03:56
Dear WilCox,

It's a bug. You can see it here:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1397

It's planned to have this solved in 7.3, but I don't know when this version is expected.

WilCox
2008-09-05, 17:14
Dear WilCox,

It's a bug. You can see it here:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1397

It's planned to have this solved in 7.3, but I don't know when this version is expected.
Thanks! I've made an entry regarding this bug and added my vote to fix it.

ajayrav
2008-09-08, 20:01
Well, it is happening to me too. I've got a brand new duet and changed the setting on my player to 'disable all outputs when off' Despite this the coaxial output of the receiver is still functional. This is a problem for me since I am using a MF X-DACV3, which uses automatic switching of inputs based on presence of a signal. With the receiver always on, I can't switch DAC inputs unless I unplug the receiver. I know this has been dealt with in the past, for Squezebox 2 and 3, and wonder why this problem keeps rearing its head? FWIW, I'm going to make an entry regarding the bug. Are others seeing a similar situation with the Duet receiver and SC7.2?

Thanks!

davidC
2008-09-11, 09:36
added my vote

i have a Squeezebox, so i was able to uninstall 7.2 and roll back to 7.0 which fixes the digital out problem ... not sure if that is an option for Duets