PDA

View Full Version : control of stream 'type'

bssanders
2008-09-02, 08:02
First, thanks to the many threads I have combed through to answer a majority of my questions. But on to the question...

Connecting to SC via SoftSqueeze I want flac.
Connecting to SC via Squeezebox I want flac.
Connecting via my PocketPC I want mp3 (to stream)
My library is completely in flac.

Can I control this? I added LAME and then set the audio for each controller, but I don't have a choice to set to flac and it now sounds like I am streaming everything in mp3, which I definitely do not want.

Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Phil Leigh
2008-09-02, 21:59
First, thanks to the many threads I have combed through to answer a majority of my questions. But on to the question...

Connecting to SC via SoftSqueeze I want flac.
Connecting to SC via Squeezebox I want flac.
Connecting via my PocketPC I want mp3 (to stream)
My library is completely in flac.

Can I control this? I added LAME and then set the audio for each controller, but I don't have a choice to set to flac and it now sounds like I am streaming everything in mp3, which I definitely do not want.

Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sure - connect by PocketPc so it appears in the list of players in SC then:

Settings - Players - Audio - Bitrate Limiting - change from "No Limit" to the mp3 bitrate you want to stream to the PocketPc at.

On Settings - Advanced - File Types make sure that for File Format=FLAC and Stream Format=FlAC you have have decoder set to "Native" and for File Format=FLAC and Stream Format=MP3 you have decoder set to lame/mp3

bssanders
2008-09-03, 07:43
Phil - I appreciate your response. A whole new level of menus to check out. I am, once again, so impressed with SC. I am glad I waited for this version. And, I must state again that the support community is increadible. I am only sorry you moved my question to the newbie section! (I been trolling this forum for years)

Phil Leigh
2008-09-03, 10:05
Phil - I appreciate your response. A whole new level of menus to check out. I am, once again, so impressed with SC. I am glad I waited for this version. And, I must state again that the support community is increadible. I am only sorry you moved my question to the newbie section! (I been trolling this forum for years)

I think you mean "lurking" not "trolling" :o) - we'd have noticed by now!
Anyway, enjoy.