PDA

View Full Version : Extra (or compatible) A/C power supplies

ceterisparibus
2008-09-02, 05:43
It has been a long time since I've been out to these forums but was pleasantly surprised to see a new product has been released - the Boom.

I was giving some consideration to the Music Hall RDR-1 as an alarm clock but if I can take advantage of 2 years work extracting ~850 physical CDs for my SB3 + internet radio then I think it's a pretty easy decision.

So, my question...

My primary use will be in the bedroom but I'll likely use it in the study hooked up to my computer w/ the line-in (I'm speakerless there at present).

I've seen several references to DC supplies but I don't think I'm quite ready to risk my warranty before even making the purchase :)

Can you buy a an addt'l power supply to make switching from room to room that much easier? I don't see them separately on the SlimDevices site.

Or can someone post the specs of the current 12V supply and/or 3rd party candidates.

Does the SB3 power supply work w/ the Boom? That might be just the push I need to pick up a linear supply for the SB3 :)

Thanks!

ceterisparibus
2008-09-02, 05:48
BTW - I'm in the United States.
Just checked the PS on my SB3 and it's a Unifive 100-0520.

http://www.unifive.com.tw/3/sheet001-new.htm

Input: AC100V~120V (50/60Hz)
Output: 5.0V 2.0A

Guess that answers the question about the SB3 PS handling the 12V Boom.

Still interested in the question of extra Boom PSs and/or compatible A/C supplies.

dean
2008-09-02, 07:27
On Sep 2, 2008, at 5:43 AM, ceterisparibus wrote:
> Does the SB3 power supply work w/ the Boom?
No, the Boom supply is a 12v supply, the SB3 supply is 5v.

ceterisparibus
2008-09-02, 09:33
Thanks Dean.

Do you know if the supply is available as a seperate accessory and, if so, at what price?

I was going to call Sales but they're several hours behind out there in CA.

Thanks!

On Sep 2, 2008, at 5:43 AM, ceterisparibus wrote:
> Does the SB3 power supply work w/ the Boom?
No, the Boom supply is a 12v supply, the SB3 supply is 5v.