PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate artwork

swedmoose
2008-09-01, 01:59
I have a Duet and I updated SqueezeCenter from 7.1 to 7.2 a couple of days ago and have noticed a small problem.

On the Controller, when selecting "Display albums", some of the albums are duplicated. All albums that are part of a playlist is duplicated.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls this, or is it a bug?

Siduhe
2008-09-01, 02:38
At a guess, you have created the playlists outside of Squeezecenter and they are showing a different path from the Music Library set in Squeezecenter.

Open up one of the playlists using a text editor like Notepad or Editpad. What is the path of the music file? Is it the same as your Music Library?

If the paths are different (for example, your Music Library is M:/Music, but the playlist path is //ext/Music/) then Squeezecenter will think that these are two different files and list them twice in your Library, hence the duplicates.

There's an easy fix, open up the playlist and do a find and replace to change the path to the same path as the Music Library. Then do a full clear and rescan of your music.

Does that sound like your issue?

swedmoose
2008-09-01, 04:16
Thank you. That might be the problem. I created the playlists with the SqueezeBox Controller when running SC 7.1. I had a few problems when upgrading to 7.2 and moved all the music and playlists. When SC 7.2 worked, I moved the music and playlists back. It's possible something changed at that point.

I will look at the playlists tonight and see if they are incorrect.