PDA

View Full Version : main speakers and headphone port

gary
2008-08-31, 10:22
Hi all
Thinking of getting a boom, is the volume on the head phone jack separate to the main speakers, the reason I ask is at the moment I have a sb3 plugged into some ear buds and active speakers, so with the volume at 1 I can listen with the buds at night and when the alarm goes off the volume is set to a 100, the active speakers are turned down so my wife canít hear when I am listening on the buds at night, if they are the same will it be able to be changed later? Hope this makes some sort of sense!

Gary

ModelCitizen
2008-08-31, 12:11
The headphone stuff works very well... surprising, seeing as how the headphone socket is at the back and very fiddly to plug headphones in and out of!

First, you can set the alarm volume indepedently from any other volume (which I think directly answers your question).

I use my Boom as a bedside radio/alarm clock/hifi (and it's superb for this).
I leave my buds plugged in and switch the Line Out (in settings) to turn the speakers on and off (at this moment the software is such that the buuds stay active all the time, but I'm certain this will change in the next SC release).

I have this nasty habit of waking up at 3.00am and for lack of anything better to do, listen to the BBC World Service. Often I then fall to sleep with the buds still in my ears and playing the radio. By great design the alarm at 7.00am still sounds out of the Boom speakers ('cos by then the buds are located somewhere else).

They've thought of everything (how did they do that I wonder?).

MC

gary
2008-08-31, 12:39
Fantastic just what I wanted to hear, I have the habit of falling asleep with the buds in my ears and one or two times they havenít fell out and it is a bit of a shock in the morning!!!

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-02, 08:29
Fantastic just what I wanted to hear, I have the habit of falling asleep with the buds in my ears and one or two times they havenít fell out and it is a bit of a shock in the morning!!!

Did you read this?

I have this nasty habit of waking up at 3.00am and for lack of anything better to do, listen to the BBC World Service. Often I then fall to sleep with the buds still in my ears and playing the radio. By great design the alarm at 7.00am still sounds out of the Boom speakers ('cos by then the buds are located somewhere else).

Unfortunately the alarm volume will affect the headphone volume, though the alarm volume can be set independently of the volume Boom is set normally.