PDA

View Full Version : Can I balance left right channels remotely?

lreinstein
2008-08-31, 06:54
I am really enjoying my Squeezebox3. I have the SB3 connected directly to an integrated amplifier in my living room, and the sound is great.
My question is whether I can control the left right level outputs from the SB3 to my amplifier through squeezecenter on my laptop (macbook pro)? It would be nice to be able to do this rather than getting up to control the amplifier manually.

thanks

Larry

simbo
2008-09-02, 12:42
I believe the Inguz EQ plugin can provide this but I don't think it's available for Mac.

lreinstein
2008-09-02, 13:03
I believe the Inguz EQ plugin can provide this but I don't think it's available for Mac.

can anyone confirm this? how to i load the plugin?

simbo
2008-09-02, 13:09
Sorry I was a bit vague in my response. Note to self: Don't post when in a hurry.

Anyway, take a look at the Inguz website here: http://inguzaudio.com

From the Install page: "Mac OS X support is planned for a future release."

lreinstein
2008-09-26, 07:18
I use the Squeezebox3 and run Squeezecenter on my new Macbook pro. My primary listening room requires a seating arrangement so that I am constantly having to get up to adjust the L/R BALANCE on my amplifier to correct for where I am sitting.

I know there is a plug in by INGUZ that will do full equalization. However, is there a simpler solution or perhaps a firmware upgrade that will solve this? If the L/R balance control is all i need, is the intense processing of a full EQ software plugin seems to be overkill.

Is there a simple software EQ (plugin) that will work with SB that addresses the L/R Balance issue only?

Any suggestions on how I might solve this probelm are really appreciated.

i am using a macbook pro with OSX and Time Capsule as my "server"

Larry

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-26, 07:49
Please don't cross-post - see your other thread for a response.

lreinstein
2008-09-26, 07:54
i am sorry for cross posting

sometimes it is hard to tell the exact right forum. also, sometimes different folks with different expertise watch the different forums, so i thought i would take advantage of that.

Mark Lanctot
2008-09-26, 07:58
i am sorry for cross posting

sometimes it is hard to tell the exact right forum. also, sometimes different folks with different expertise watch the different forums, so i thought i would take advantage of that.

Sure, it's just that it makes the responses harder to track so no one can really see if you've been given a proper response or not. If someone were to respond to this thread the advice might be conflicting or incorrect. Keeping all responses on the same thread at least allows other posters to reach a consensus and correct any inaccurate information.

And of course if no one responded to this thread but responded to your other thread, some might think you don't have a response to your question, which isn't true.

I'm not trying to sound draconian or "this is the way it is because I say it is so", it's so that everyone can be sure you're getting the right response.