Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ModelCitizen
    • May 2005

Home menu enhancement suggestion

I love the ability to change the home menu on my players and controllers. This gives me the chance to customise the UI for my (less than technically savvy) family and their particular requirements.

My unexpectedly heavy use of the Boom UI and remote has thrown this area into sharp relief recently.

This is what I'd like:

1) To be able to add any items to a top level menu (for instance I'd like BBC Radio 4 to be the top top level menu item in my Kitchen SB3)

2) To be able to create my own menu item folder. For instance I'd like to create a Misc top level folder where I could put all the stuff I very rarely use into it. At the moment I either delete these items from the menu (and so theyt disappear from use for ever) or I leave them there where theyt clutter things up and confuse my family.

3) To be able to edit menus in the web gui by use of drag and drop and the use of thse handly little plus and minus buttons to expand/close folders enabling quick viewing of the items held therein.
    ----------
    4) Boom specific: I use headphones a lot on my Boom and need to add the Line Out selector to the top level menu. Currently I can't (although I can add in Line In).

Is this a lot to ask for and has it been raised as an enhancement before (if so, I can't find it)?

Cheers.

MC
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2008-08-31, 13:16.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.
  • dean
    Gadfly, Former Founder Slim Devices
    • Apr 2005

Please file enhancement requests for these on bugs.slimdevices.com

Comment

• ModelCitizen
      • May 2005

OK, Done.

Boom Line Out item top level menu addition: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9357

General player menu enhancement:

MC
      Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
      Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
      And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Comment

Working...