PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer View like Ipeng

SoftPhill
2008-08-31, 04:52
Hi, i have been playing with the amazing Ipeng skin on the iphone and it has a feature called multiplayer where you can see a snapshot of info for all your players with the ability to control some key functions.

Is this view available on the controller or in SC?

pippin
2008-08-31, 12:13
So far, that's a special iPeng feature. Out of curiosity and since I'mdoing a bit of design on that one for the native app right now: which of the features do you use?

SoftPhill
2008-08-31, 14:27
So far, that's a special iPeng feature. Out of curiosity and since I'mdoing a bit of design on that one for the native app right now: which of the features do you use?

Firstly worth noting that i have not had a huge chance to play with it (it is my wife's phone) but right now i the thing i really like about ipeng is that it has functionality like squeezecentre without the awkwardness of the controller. Trouble with the controller is that it is tied to 1 receiver, You disconnect and reconnect to the next one which takes time.

In many ways i think that over complexity is what creates so much frustration. First you connect to a wireless network, then a receiver, then squeezecentre, then the web (if you are streaming radio) there is so much to go wrong.

Things i think set Ipeng aside are:
Straight from home page to room faster than a controller (even if it is browser based)

Multiplayer support (like a status check for all your rooms with the added feature of control). Means you can turn all of them off in one page for instance

Text entry on search is easier with full keyboard than the scroll wheel

I really like the fact that you have the left right scroll dynamic with your library, the now playing screen and then the other "extra functions" screen

Hope this is helpful feedback and really looking forward to the app you are developing.