PDA

View Full Version : Availability / Release dates

Squid
2008-08-31, 02:24
I read some conflicting things about availability of the Boom. I suppose it differs from region to region.
So are there any specific availability dates for the different regions ? I live in Belgium, but don't mind this becoming a generic thread for everyone interested in knowing when they can expect the Boom to hit the shelves in their region.

didjean
2008-08-31, 02:42
I've just ordered it on logitech.be. But it is not in stock yet and there is no delivering date announced. Maybe in Brussels at Digimania ?

dean
2008-08-31, 10:48
What I know is that on the announce date last week there were
sufficient quantities (thousands) of the units in the regional
distribution centers. On that date they were released to the
retailers. How quickly they get to the retailers (including
Logitech's own store) and how fast those get out to customers depends
on the store.

The www.slimdevices.com store has them in stock for immediate
delivery. Big stacks of them in the back room...

-dean

Andy8421
2008-08-31, 14:15
Dean,

You may have plenty in your back room, but your Slimdevices website does not have any European country on its drop down country list. Though if I lived in Norfolk Island (?) I would apparently be OK.

As your European distributors have no stock (logitech.any_european_country is out of stock), what is a European would-be Boomer to do?

Buy one on my next trip to the US?

dean
2008-08-31, 15:34
On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Andy8421 wrote:
> You may have plenty in your back room, but your Slimdevices website
> does not have any European country on its drop down country list.
> Though if I lived in Norfolk Island (?) I would apparently be OK.
I apologize for the fact that our Mountain View facility can only sell
to a few countries.

I know that the units are out there and appreciate your patience as
they make their way from the warehouses to the retailers.

> Buy one on my next trip to the US?
You are always welcome here. :)

-dean

Andy8421
2008-08-31, 22:13
Dean,

Thanks as ever for a prompt reply. Norfolk Island (which caught my eye on the drop down list) is a small sparsley populated island off the coast of Australia. I would have thought that supplying Europe from Mountain View would have been a touch easier than Norfolk Island, and probably would have seen greater demand.

I fear that I am the wrong end of a differential pricing / logitech sales licensing thingy. I guess I will have to wait while the product filters through the Logitech distribution network. I notice a significant number of regular posters (and I guess Slimdevices owners) are European, please spare us a thought on your next product launch.

It was the white paper that sold me by the way. Worth doing that again for future product launches. Very informative.

radish
2008-08-31, 22:29
I fear that I am the wrong end of a differential pricing / logitech sales licensing thingy. I guess I will have to wait while the product filters through the Logitech distribution network. I notice a significant number of regular posters (and I guess Slimdevices owners) are European, please spare us a thought on your next product launch.

It's been what, less than 2 business days since the product launch? Give them a chance :) Most product release are staggered over regions by periods of weeks or months (example - the PS3 was available in Europe over 4 months later than in Japan).

Terje
2008-08-31, 23:27
On Aug 31, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Andy8421 wrote:
> Buy one on my next trip to the US?
You are always welcome here. :)

Doesn't help much anymore as you don't accept European CCs. Two of my SB3's I ordered directly from you to my hotel when in the US. However since you no longer accept my CCs I cannot do that. Also, you did stock the units at your place with European power bricks, I guess that is also not done anymore.

I'm in Norway with two Boom's on order form the Logitech Store, but I am going to the US in 12 days and I guess it would have been a better bet to get one or two there if it was possible, but then I have to find it in a store since I cannot order from you anymore.

hussein
2008-09-01, 02:23
I just spoke to Logitech to see whether they had any dates for the Boom in the UK.

The customer service guy did try to help but said that they have no specific date for it to be available. He expects it to be 1-2 weeks but officially all he can say is 'sometime this month'.

Sit tight!

elziko
2008-09-01, 03:18
hussein, you say you didn't receive any confirmation e-mail from Logitech Uk - is that still the case? I received a confirmation today, after ordering yesterday.

It didn't give me any shipping information though, so i suppose it doesn't mean anything as far as stock is concerned.

Michaelwagner
2008-09-01, 04:46
Also, you did stock the units at your place with European power bricks, I guess that is also not done anymore.
I believe the bricks are now universal. They do auto-voltage, and come with a variety of metal blades to plug into your wallplug of choice.

ccrome2
2008-09-01, 04:55
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Michaelwagner <
Michaelwagner.3f24lb1220269803 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> Terje;335057 Wrote:
> > Also, you did stock the units at your place with European power bricks,
> > I guess that is also not done anymore.
> I believe the bricks are now universal. They do auto-voltage, and come
> with a variety of metal blades to plug into your wallplug of choice.
>

US units come with only US plugs. EU units come with a variety. Yes, the
units are universal input ~(85-240V I think.)

>
>
> --
> Michaelwagner
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Michaelwagner's Profile:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=428
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=51777
>
>

hussein
2008-09-01, 08:02
hussein, you say you didn't receive any confirmation e-mail from Logitech Uk - is that still the case? I received a confirmation today, after ordering yesterday.

It didn't give me any shipping information though, so i suppose it doesn't mean anything as far as stock is concerned.

No confirmation email for me, and I checked my Spam folder too. I have my order number and order history works so I'm not overly worried about it yet.

Drilled a hole in my shelf for stealth power cabling at the weekend. Now I'm truely ready.

Andy8421
2008-09-01, 12:21
Radish,

I agree with your post, but having been given hope by Caleb and Dean that they had gone out of their way to make Booms available, it was frustrating to find that in fact none were available in Europe.

In no way am I suggesting that this is Slimdevices fault, but after a while you get tired of US websites that wont accept European orders, manufacturers who renege on guarantees because the unit was a 'grey import', region coded DVDs and BluRay discs designed not to play on European players, products not available for purchase because of distribution delays - all so manufacturers can maintain a differential pricing structure.

This is actually illegal across the EU, but unfortunately perfectly legal for cross region products. To be fair, if I was running Logitech, I would probably do the same, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it.

radish
2008-09-01, 14:35
Oh I know all about that stuff, I'm British :) It just seems everyone's ignoring Dean's post at the start of this thread. The product is in Europe, at the distribution center, and is by now on it's way to stores. It's just a coincidence based on SD's past that the distribution center in the US also happens to be where online orders are shipped from - otherwise we'd have the same wait. To be honest I don't see what more could have been done - if you ship product all the way to retail before a release they have a habit of breaking the street date.

hussein
2008-09-02, 05:11
Heads up, The MP3 Company UK (http://www.themp3company.co.uk/squeezebox/?gclid=CNbk3M-GvZUCFRoVEAodNTIJQw) say the Boom is in stock tomorrow. Hope that means Logitech have them then too.

elziko
2008-09-02, 05:25
Heads up, The MP3 Company UK (http://www.themp3company.co.uk/squeezebox/?gclid=CNbk3M-GvZUCFRoVEAodNTIJQw) say the Boom is in stock tomorrow. Hope that means Logitech have them then too.

Did you speak to them or are you just going by what it says on the website?

Thanks

hussein
2008-09-02, 05:52
Just going by the website.

Ramage
2008-09-02, 06:48

Ripcaster web-site says 12 September. https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/324.

I ordered from Logitech - no info on delivery yet.

I'm not holding my breath tho'.

SJobson
2008-09-02, 06:57
Heads up, The MP3 Company UK (http://www.themp3company.co.uk/squeezebox/?gclid=CNbk3M-GvZUCFRoVEAodNTIJQw) say the Boom is in stock tomorrow. Hope that means Logitech have them then too.They've been quoting 3 Sept since I first looked, when the launch was announced. Might mean they definitely will have some on 3rd, but I'm going to wait for the first discounts before I buy anyway...

Paul_B
2008-09-02, 07:33
Has anyone tried to buy in bulk and receive a discount? I already have 5 people seriously interested and could probably get 10.

Sike
2008-09-02, 07:54

They have changed the date to the 11th :(

BigTony
2008-09-03, 00:39
...and now ripcaster.co.uk have the 18th ....

Well maybe I'll just get it for x-mass then.

BT

verypsb
2008-09-03, 01:44
The options for the Squeezebox Boom on the Logitech website have been changed. The option to 'buy now' has been changed to 'notify me'. This doesn't look promising at all.

hussein
2008-09-03, 03:34
Yeah, thats really not promising. I'm hoping my excitement doesn't fade by the time it finally turns up.

Andy8421
2008-09-03, 12:11
Why don't Logitech allow us long suffering European would-be purchasers to buy off the US site until the product becomes available through the European channels? They allow the rest of the world to do it.

The only bright spot is that if sterling continues to weaken, it will be cheaper to buy the Boom in the UK than in the US (not quite a bright spot - the sterling price is constant, the US is getting more expensive).

Dogberry2
2008-09-03, 12:23
"Instant gratification takes too long."
--Carrie Fisher

hussein
2008-09-04, 03:28
The option to 'buy now' has been changed to 'notify me'.

You can now add it to the cart again! Can only be a good sign.

Kevint
2008-09-04, 08:29
You can now add it to the cart again! Can only be a good sign.

But when you do add it to the cart it says "In Stock: NO" ... hopefully it will be soon

Expansys: Pre-order
Dabs: 3-4 weeks
MP3 Company: Due into Stock: 11th September, Date provided by Logitech
Ripcaster: Stock Expected 18th September - Pre-Order Now

Kevin

Terje
2008-09-04, 09:45
I believe the bricks are now universal. They do auto-voltage, and come with a variety of metal blades to plug into your wallplug of choice.

Anyone know where I could get spare "blades"? I bought my SBC while in the US and it only came with the US plug-blade.

Andy8421
2008-09-04, 11:36
Terje,

Just did a quick search, but couldn't find it. I followed a link posted by another forum member a couple of months ago to a firm that supplied the correct UK blade to fit the Slimdevices wall wart supplies. Dirt cheap as well. Something like 'Watt supplies' or similar. Same as the Blackberry wall wart.

If you find it, could you post the link again as I am off to the US next week and will buy a Boom.

MickeyG
2008-09-04, 11:56
Anyone know where I could get spare "blades"? I bought my SBC while in the US and it only came with the US plug-blade.

Terje:

I don't know of any retail store that sells them. However, they're readily available on the internet. You can find the country or region specific one you need if you do an internet search using these keywords:

UK: phihong rpk
Euro: phihong rpe
US: phihong rpa
Australia: phihong rps
China: phihong rpc
Korea: phihong rph

They're available for around $1.00 USD. I get mine from www.mouser.com. They sell them individually or in a set.

Hopefully the list above covers your country!

Mickey

bpa
2008-09-04, 12:20
In the UK

http://www.watt-power.co.uk/

elziko
2008-09-05, 06:56
I have just received my shipping details by e-mail. Delivery for the 9th of September.

Good stuff!

eLR!C
2008-09-05, 07:29
So did I. Moreover, it is now 'In stock' on Logitech's website ...

Can't wait 'till Tuesday :')

hussein
2008-09-05, 07:42
Woohoo, me too :) See, it wasn't all that long. Really looking forward to it.

urbanshepherd
2008-09-05, 07:44
B*lls. Had cancelled my order two days ago since it wasnt in stock. Now have re-ordered and shipping has doubled from 3.50 to 7 quid!

And a quick rant about the Logitech store, everytime you tab to a different field in putting your credit card info in, it changes your delivery option to Express (approx 27 quid). Definitely watch out for this, and very underhand I feel.

Ramage
2008-09-05, 08:39
B*lls. Had cancelled my order two days ago since it wasnt in stock. Now have re-ordered and shipping has doubled from 3.50 to 7 quid!

And a quick rant about the Logitech store, everytime you tab to a different field in putting your credit card info in, it changes your delivery option to Express (approx 27 quid). Definitely watch out for this, and very underhand I feel.

Yeah, this happened to me, ended up with express - couldn't be bothered to try and change it. Delivery due Monday with any luck.

ccrome2
2008-09-05, 09:04
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Ramage <
Ramage.3f9twn1220629203 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> urbanshepherd;336999 Wrote:
> > B*lls. Had cancelled my order two days ago since it wasnt in stock. Now
> > have re-ordered and shipping has doubled from 3.50 to 7 quid!
> >
> > And a quick rant about the Logitech store, everytime you tab to a
> > different field in putting your credit card info in, it changes your
> > delivery option to Express (approx 27 quid). Definitely watch out for
> > this, and very underhand I feel.
>

That sounds like a bug to me. Is this the logitech.com site?

-Caleb

urbanshepherd
2008-09-05, 09:10
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Ramage <
Ramage.3f9twn1220629203 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> urbanshepherd;336999 Wrote:
> > B*lls. Had cancelled my order two days ago since it wasnt in stock. Now
> > have re-ordered and shipping has doubled from 3.50 to 7 quid!
> >
> > And a quick rant about the Logitech store, everytime you tab to a
> > different field in putting your credit card info in, it changes your
> > delivery option to Express (approx 27 quid). Definitely watch out for
> > this, and very underhand I feel.
>

That sounds like a bug to me. Is this the logitech.com site?

-Caleb

Yeah, thats the one. Seems when you change your card type or move to any of the fields it defaults to the more expensive delivery option.

Andy8421
2008-09-05, 10:16
Caleb,

The logitech site is generally a little flaky and could do with some work. I have a non-standard address - a house name instead of a number. The site manages to butcher this when loading from the post(zip)code, and when I force an edit it now wont authorise my credit card in spite of the card company saying all is fine (just called them).

Looks like I have half an hour on the phone to logitech customer services ahead of me.

britindus
2008-09-05, 10:58
Woohoo, me too :) See, it wasn't all that long. Really looking forward to it.

Yep mine is in shipping in germany - UPS informed me of the shipment today

monday! yipeee

signor_rossi
2008-09-05, 12:19
*erd*
Not in stock in Italian site/online shop (even 10€ shipment instead of 5€ as for most European countries) and can't order from German Logitech site/online shop like I did my SB Classic a year ago anymore.
Disappointing...

Terje
2008-09-06, 03:58
I don't know of any retail store that sells them. However, they're readily available on the internet. You can find the country or region specific one you need if you do an internet search using these keywords:

Perfect, I even found an online store here in Norway which carries them :o)

Thanks! :D

didjean
2008-09-06, 10:20
I've also received an email from Logitech & UPS... I receive mine on Monday.

urbanshepherd
2008-09-08, 03:43
Logitech UK now out of stock... :-(

Added it to basket when in stock, but alas....

verypsb
2008-09-08, 06:10
Received mine today, monday 8 september 2008, from Logitech (NL).

Ramage
2008-09-08, 08:44
Received my Boom today. Fantastic, connected and playing in about 5 mins from opening the box.

Nice solid feel to it, great sound for such a small box - well done the guys at Slim/Logitech.

Dogberry2
2008-09-08, 09:08
Received mine today, monday 8 september 2009, from Logitech.I knew there were a lot of timezone differences among posters in the forums, but 2009? Yikes! :-)

eLR!C
2008-09-08, 09:46
I knew there were a lot of timezone differences among posters in the forums, but 2009? Yikes! :-)

That's why he received it so quickly : he lives in the future !

Andy8421
2008-09-08, 11:52
..who are in the Netherlands. Got the address sorted out. Definitely a bug in their website.

Although it was 'in stock' when I ordered it, 25 mins later when I spoke to a charming Dutch lady to sort out the address it was out of stock. Must be quite a rush on these things, or perhaps logitech haven't quite got their e-commerce biz sorted out yet. Urbanshepherd, you have my sympathy.

Ramage, when did you order your Boom, and where from?

Ramage
2008-09-09, 01:08
Ramage, when did you order your Boom, and where from?

29 August from the Logitech website (UK). I paid the extra for express delivery thinking that I could jump the queue - seems to have worked out OK.

Terje
2008-09-09, 11:28
Today two Boom's arrived here in Oslo, Norway as well. Ordered from logitech.no, shipped from .de. This is one great piece of music equipment. I think this is very good, not so long since it was officially announced.

TomJo
2008-09-10, 09:32
Today two Boom's arrived here in Oslo, Norway as well. Ordered from logitech.no, shipped from .de

Hi Terje, when did you order? I ordered from the same site on saturday the 6th and it was stated "immediate delivery" when i added it to the cart. Now though it seems they are out of stock ..

Tom

Paul_B
2008-09-10, 12:46
I ordered mine last night from Logitech.co.uk, unfortunately stock was a no, so I have no idea how many peopleare in a pending state or when I get expect my new device :o( Anyone from Slim able to give any idea on the next replenishment?

Ramage
2008-09-11, 02:01
I ordered mine last night from Logitech.co.uk, unfortunately stock was a no, so I have no idea how many peopleare in a pending state or when I get expect my new device :o( Anyone from Slim able to give any idea on the next replenishment?

Ripcaster forecasts availability 18 Sep see: https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/324

and free shipping

Terje
2008-09-11, 02:57
Hi Terje, when did you order? I ordered from the same site on saturday the 6th and it was stated "immediate delivery" when i added it to the cart. Now though it seems they are out of stock ..

I ordered my two boxes earlier than that to get in line. If I recall correctly, mine was shipped on the 6th, and that was when the stock emptied out as well, so I guess there was quite a few Boom's on backorder when they got their first shipment.

vvatsa
2008-09-11, 23:52
They should have made it more clear on the website that it was out of stock.

I ordered my on monday, paid the supper expensive shipping, was not told that it was out of stock. Now a customer rep. has said it will take a couple of weeks, ARGG :(

My order was through the logitech EU website.

Can any one from SLIM help? pretty please.

Paul_B
2008-09-12, 05:21
I guess we are unlikely to get feedback on the stock situation? Would be nice to know if the item will be delivered in days, weeks or months

claws
2008-09-13, 05:51
I've been waiting for the Boom for a while since I heard about it. I tried to order directly from slimdevices like I did for my two other Squeezeboxes but no luck. Australia is not listed.
I noted a help tag indicating that I should go and check out the logitech (AU) site. There was nothing there for a while but just recently I see the Boom listed. For $500AU! That seems mighty steep when the US price is $299. Converting that to AU (given current exchange rates) results in about $370AU. So factor in some shipping costs etc... and I still don't see how it gets up to $500AU.

Even if I wanted to fork out that much there does not seem anywhere to order one through Logitech (AU) site. Has anyone in Australia managed to buy one of these? Where from?

Is there a way I can get one from elsewhere that even slightly approaches the US cost (I guess the plug pack might be an issue)?

signor_rossi
2008-09-14, 10:01
Does anyone have information when and from which retailers the Boom will be available in northern Italy? Or if the Boom will be available from Media Markt in Austria?

Thanks, signorRossi.

Paul_B
2008-09-15, 07:15
Anyone care to comment on availability in Europe? Looks as though UK and a few other countries no have no stock. When are we likely to see a re-stock?

Paul

oreillymj
2008-09-15, 08:33
Both Amazon.co.uk (which still won't ship electronics to Ireland due to the WEEE directive) and Expansys are waiting for stock with no date for when my order will ship.

So I'd also like to know when another shipment will hit the UK.

jwhitehorn
2008-09-15, 09:49
There seems to be a problem with stock in UK/Eurpoe/The Rest of the World. I ordered one a while ago from TheMP3Company. They're very helpful if you speak to them. They'd been told by the distributor that they'd get stock on the 3rd. When the 3rd came and went without any Boom's appearing, they contacted Logitech UK directly, who told them that it would be the 11th. The 11th came and guess what? Still no Boom's (sonic or otherwise). Again they spoke to Logitech UK who now told them it would be the 19th. Now call me cynical, but I'm begining to see a bit of a trend forming here. "Always Boom tomorrow, never Boom today."

The Boom launched on the 28th and we were told in the forum that strenuous efforts had been made to ensure that plenty of stock was available from launch. So why, nearly 3 weeks down the line, is most of Europe/Planet Earth still Boomless? Was it shipped by boat? Did it get lost? Was it hi-jacked by a bunch of cool, MP3 lovin penguins, intent on WiFi'ing the icebergs so they could rock the long winter nights away in the Artic circle? Or perhaps it ran foul of a group of maverick, audiophilic Customs Officer who impounded the lot for "evaluation"?

In all seriousness, could the Logitech guys in the forum get in touch with Logitech UK / Logitech "Rest of the World" and find out what on earth they are up to? You've done a great job of building up our anticipation and supporting those lucky enough to have been Boom'ed already. Unfortunately Logitech UK is doing an even better job of pulling us down and destroying our hopes of ever being Boom'ed. Come on, help us out. Customers are wonderful things. We're patient and cheerful things, especially if you tell us what is going on and if you give us a date, you stick to it. Otherwise we'll have no alternative but jam the Artic WiFi network and send in the Penguins :-)

Jamie

Paul_B
2008-09-16, 01:17
I guess that'll be no comment then! Not impressed

DaveWr
2008-09-16, 02:01
Well it seems if you wanted product in the Uk, you had to order from Logitech, who shipped from Germany. Pity about the rest of us using the normal UK distribution.

Come on - when is the UK shipping date for stock?

David

SB3>LavryDA10>Cyrus8VS>AcapellaSE
SB3>Leak Stereo 20> Mission760SE

Paul_B
2008-09-16, 03:44
I ordered mine a week ago now. I have had no communication from Logitech UK in a proactive fashion. I have also raised a support question and again no response. I've asked for a indication on these forums and again nothing.

No a happy customer at the moment! It's not the fact there is no stock it is the fact that there is no communication

ccrome2
2008-09-16, 08:08
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Paul_B <
Paul_B.3ftmvb1221553203 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> I guess that'll be no comment then! Not impressed
>
>
> --
> Paul_B
>
> Paul
>

Unfortunately, we just don't have any control over how things are
distributed in Europe. I do know that the European sales team is trying to
get product out as fast as possible, but I just don't know details or
expected dates. Whenever we say anything like "should be next week," we get
proven wrong.

I'd love to give you accurate information, but I just don't have any right
now.

-Caleb

Paul_B
2008-09-16, 08:36
Well thank for replying but I am sure you understand the frustration when our American cousins are playing with the new toy and yet us over here don't even know when stock will be available.

I have to say this is a very poor reflection on Slim even if it is down to internal problems with Logitech Europe. As a customer I shouldn't need to be made aware of internal problems I would just like an idea as to when I can expect the device.

Paul

jwhitehorn
2008-09-16, 09:03
Unfortunately, we just don't have any control over how things are
distributed in Europe. I do know that the European sales team is trying to
get product out as fast as possible, but I just don't know details or
expected dates. Whenever we say anything like "should be next week," we get
proven wrong.

I'd love to give you accurate information, but I just don't have any right
now.

-Caleb

Caleb - thank you for taking the time to reply. It IS appreciated. I do understand what it's like in big companies, especially in different parts of the world. But if you do get the chance it would be worth feeding back to the UK/Europe offices, that they aren't doing themselves any favours. Thanks.

Jamie

DaveWr
2008-09-16, 09:35
Caleb - thanks for your reply. But I second jwhitehorn's view. Having a great product is great, but we also need a responsive supply chain. I cannot believe that Logitech don't know the UK supply chain position. My supplier has now had three dates from Logitech, within three weeks!

Can someone just tell us the truth?

Regards

David

tonywalk
2008-09-16, 18:56
Ordered 11th from Logitech UK. No further info other than an "Order accepted" e-mail. Status of the order on the "My account" page @ Logitech.co.uk has stayed at "New Order".

Hopefully as a few places reckon on the 18th/19th for stock then the place that fulfils the web orders will have them a day or two prior to this.

And finally some good news. Registering my Logitech MX Revolution mouse got me a 10% discount so slightly less annoyed at the US/Europe price differential.

Andy8421
2008-09-17, 02:39
.. this weekend, and my Wife ordered a Chinese style jacket from a website based in the US. Jacket arrived 3 days later, via fedex, no hassle whatsoever.

I asked this question before (got no response), but in the period that the supply chain is not established, why not allow European buyers to purchase from the US Slimdevices website?

Many obscure locations are supplied, but Europe is not. Understand the differential pricing thing, but it would have solved this 'no Booms in Europe but plenty in Mountain View' situation.

vvatsa
2008-09-17, 05:09
Caleb, thanks for the reply I can appreciate that you guys may not have any control on the Europe distributions.

At this point I can only ask if could you or some one else from Slim bubble up our dissatisfaction with Logitech UK.

Thanks Again.
-vishal

Paul_B
2008-09-18, 07:36
Well the 18th has arrived and I have no more news. Anyone else received communication from Logitech or any of the distributors?

Its now been 8 days with no contact

powaq
2008-09-18, 08:50
It's the same situation in France.
I ordered my SBB on logitech.fr the 8th of september while it was available... but no news since.

Now the SBB is not in stock anymore on logitech.fr

TomJo
2008-09-18, 09:19
Ordered on the 6th from logitech.com norwegian, nothing has happened since then

DaveWr
2008-09-19, 14:21
Yesterday Ripcaster was saying 18th for stock (Logitech quoted). Today their website shows 25th Sept.

The distributor I am trying to use has emailed to say no update from Logitech on their 19th promise.

Anyone care to clarify what is going on from Slim?

Regards and here's hoping

David

claws
2008-09-20, 04:04
This information is sourced from a number of electronics web sites in Australia (so not much reliability in that but it is potentially an indication) that are reporting the same date. It appears that the ETA for the Boom in Australia is 9 Oct 2008.

On a more depressing note, once they arrive I'll need to decide whether to part with $500AU (Logitech AU price) when the US price conversion to $AU is $360AU. I'd really love one of these Boom's but that is just a bit to steep for me to get an alarm clock. I got a much better deal buying my 2 other SB3's direct from slimdevices.

tonywalk
2008-09-21, 14:40
Well, I've just had a reply back from Logitech Europe Customer Support to my enquiry as to why my order was taking so long.

I was annoyed before but now I'm absolutely effing furious.

They say that they are not expecting stock for the next two weeks !!!!

It would be fine if everywhere was waiting for the devices or even if we could've ordered direct from Slim themselves, but not only are we getting ripped off in price, we are being treated like third class citizens. The Yanks and any country "allowed" to order from the U.S. site have had the devices for weeks.

jimwillsher
2008-09-22, 01:50
I'm strill waiting too.

A word of warning for UK users: I've ordered mine from www.themp3company.co.uk. They have good communications BUT they have alreadyc harged my credit card, which IMHO is not good business practice. Honest companies charge when they despatch.

Jim

Paul_B
2008-09-22, 05:16
Agree this is poor practice because it could be weeks before they fulfill the order and they will be earning interest off your money.

Paul Shields
2008-09-22, 16:14
I've taken a punt and ordered with pixmania (via the Amazon marketplace). The price was good, and they aim to ship within two days and deliver within another two days. Their stock is held in France, and they are apparently 'in stock'.

I got fed up waiting for UK suppliers. Stock dates kept on slipping. Let's hope Pix can deliver...:).

Paul_B
2008-09-23, 00:32
Good luck Paul let us know what happens. I've given up expecting an email it will now be a surprise when I get one

toby10
2008-09-23, 05:05
I'm strill waiting too.

A word of warning for UK users: I've ordered mine from www.themp3company.co.uk. They have good communications BUT they have alreadyc harged my credit card, which IMHO is not good business practice. Honest companies charge when they despatch.

Jim

I dunno about UK law but this practice is illegal in the US. I think it's a 24 hr rule here, must ship in 24 hrs or the merchant cannot charge the CC. The CC co's back us up on this as well as they know this is a pandora's box they don't want to deal with at a later date.

Recent Example: Not too long ago I ordered three different products from Amazon US. All three items were shipped on different dates. My CC was billed as three separate charges even though it was originally a single order of three items.

You might want to call your CC co.

max.spicer
2008-09-23, 05:23
I dunno about UK law but this practice is illegal in the US.

Charging credit cards before dispatch is the only reason the Squeezebox exists now, I believe - it's how Sean raised the capital to bring the Slimp3 into production.

Please note, I am not in any way suggesting that Logitech still do this!

Max

Paul_B
2008-09-23, 09:47
I believe that used to be the case and certainly in the case of B2B, Tesco became the company they are by turning stock in two weeks and using thirty days credit. Makes for a healthy cashflow and growing your company on other peoples money.

However, in the case of B2C I thought a code of conduct existed that stated accounts should be charged at the point of despatch? But in the UK it is not law

Ben Sandee
2008-09-23, 09:54
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:23 AM, max.spicer <
max.spicer.3g6wvn1222172702 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> toby10;343247 Wrote:
> > I dunno about UK law but this practice is illegal in the US.
>
> Charging credit cards before dispatch is the only reason the Squeezebox
> exists now, I believe - it's how Sean raised the capital to bring the
> Slimp3 into production.

I'm sure that it was only done with the consent of everyone who ordered
though. It's not a standard business practice that can be done without
separate arrangements.

Ben

toby10
2008-09-23, 10:08
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:23 AM, max.spicer <
max.spicer.3g6wvn1222172702 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> toby10;343247 Wrote:
> > I dunno about UK law but this practice is illegal in the US.
>
> Charging credit cards before dispatch is the only reason the Squeezebox
> exists now, I believe - it's how Sean raised the capital to bring the
> Slimp3 into production.

I'm sure that it was only done with the consent of everyone who ordered
though. It's not a standard business practice that can be done without
separate arrangements.

Ben

Exactly! Like in situations of Special Orders, Custom Orders, Deposits, etc...

If all that is stated by the merchant is "add this to your cart, your total is...." and the CC is charged without shipping in 24 hrs, that US merchant would get negative scores from the actual CC co's.

More negative scores, the higher their CC Merchant rates and fees go up. Eventually that merchant can be cut off from each individual CC (AmEx, MC, Visa, Discover).

powaq
2008-09-23, 10:23
Does anybody know if it's possible to cancel an order on the logitech website ?

My SB Boom order is still "new order", not in stock, etc... and another french website is supposed to have them "in stock".

But I can't find a way to cancel my current order on logitech.fr

mvalera
2008-09-23, 11:23
We brought the out of stock problem to the attention of those that be in EMEA.

They should be back in stock very soon.

Mike

tonywalk
2008-09-23, 13:08
Can I get my discount too as part of the LastFM Squeezebox Scrobblers group?

"If you haven’t been lucky yet and just want one, Logitech is offering Last.fm users $30 off and FREE shipping on Squeezebox Boom".

Please!

tonywalk
2008-09-23, 13:18
So I could buy one from Logitech US (if allowed) for £144.73 delivered. And get it straight away.

I've payed £186.10 (inc delivery, I'm still waiting, and the only reason I'm paying "so little" is that I had to make use of a 10% off voucher for registering my mouse. It would have been £208 otherwise.

COmments invited.

Paul_B
2008-09-23, 13:19
Not being funny Michael but we have been moaning on here for over a week now and if the UK / EMEA aren't aware of the stock shortages then the lack of customer care is even worse than we are currently experiencing. To re-iterate lack of stock is one thing, the fact that we have had no information from Logitech on our orders or pre-sales support tickets is appalling!

If it is only now that the Logitech EMEA are being made aware of the situation then my feeling towards Slim Devices BU has sunk to the same level as my view of Logitech UK.

The money that has been spent on marketing in Europe for the device is a complete waste if you can't actually buy the thing. The other remianing question is if the US have surplus stock why on earth can't I buy direct?

Paul

westiebj
2008-09-23, 14:16
"Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."

Not particularly encouraging .....

And pixmania.co.uk is showing in stock ( sourced from France I believe ) but £229 ... 30 quid markup !!

Paul Shields
2008-09-23, 14:28
westiebj wrote:
> "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."
>
> Not particularly encouraging .....
>
> And pixmania.co.uk is showing in stock ( sourced from France I believe
> ) but £229 ... 30 quid markup !!
>

I ordered via Pixmania for £185 (including delivery). This was via
Amazon marketplace. They say it's in stock. I'll expect it when I see
it though...:).

Gixser
2008-09-23, 17:50
I must of travelled to 4 or 5 Best Buys in both LA and Manhattan looking for a Boom. I also visited Fry's and J&R and Circuit City. I finally found one in B&H in Manhattan. I walked through the store and none were on the shelves. I talked to one salesperson and they had no idea what I was talking about. I walked up to a kiosk and searched for it myself. Grabbed another salesperson and showed them. They did an inventory check.

FWIW's, B&H's stock showed 2 in stock with a note saying they were a limited release. Whatever that means...

All in all, a had to *hunt* down a Boom and it took me 3 weeks....and two major metropolitan areas. Purchase date was 9/21. I had until the 25th to find one.

That's my story.

vvatsa
2008-09-24, 02:24
I would have to agree with Paul_B's sentiments, the only responce (at least they acknowledged) I keep getting is, "Unfortunately, we have still not received new stock. We are excepting fresh stock in couple of weeks".

I received that responce last night, so may be it will ship in time for Christmas. :(

ARRGG I would like a quantifiable measure of time, not an ambiguous term like couple of weeks.

watusi
2008-09-24, 06:51
I've got a boom on from themp3company.co.uk. Just has an email indicating an update on it. Checked and the status now reads:

Latest Update: En-Route to UK Hub - Arriving 25th : Shipping Pre-Ordered Back Orders from The MP3 Co - 26th Sept - We currently still have FREE stock available for Pre-Order

http://www.themp3company.co.uk/index.php?id=product&product_id=667

So fingers crossed that they are coming in stock across the board over the next day or so.

jimwillsher
2008-09-24, 07:55
Likewise. Fingers crossed - otherwise I'll start to think this product doesn't exist ;-)

oreillymj
2008-09-24, 15:23
I already have a working alarm clock, that I hate. But I'll put up with it until Expansys get their stock in. My life won't end if I don't get this for another few weeks.

Slim probably built initial stock levels based on previous sales.

So either Logitech EU didn't request enough stock or sales figures/demand is much higher then expected. I really hope it's the latter.

BTW - MeSue should get some sort of commission for pushing this product. I wonder if Slim regret not building it earlier?

watusi
2008-09-25, 03:48
Its now listed as in stock on mp3company.co.uk

No movement on my order yet but its a fine sign!

DaveWr
2008-09-26, 07:21
Its now listed as in stock on mp3company.co.uk

No movement on my order yet but its a fine sign!

Yes, UK stock did arrive yesterday, significantly less than expected. Mine has been shipped at long last. The distributor told me he is now out of stock again. He stated that Logitech have a reputation for delivery scheduling issues due to their batch production approach. It's not just a problem with Slim products!

David

jibbsy
2008-09-26, 09:58
For those of you that are in the UK www.ebuyer.com have 3 in stock.

Hurry before they all go!!

Jibbsy

powaq
2008-09-26, 10:04
I finally gave a call to the european logitech support in Switzerland... and cancelled my Boom's order !

I'll try to find it somewhere else... or I'll wait a few weeks or a few months.
This in-stock-but-actually-not-in-stock story is a pity.

kidstypike
2008-09-26, 11:28
For those of you that are in the UK www.ebuyer.com have 3 in stock.

Hurry before they all go!!

Thanks jibbsy, ordered one and received confirmation of shipping date, one left in stock!

kidstypike

Paul_B
2008-09-26, 12:24
Yet we have no repsonse from Logitech UK / Europe on the situation.

Nor does it seem that the Slim Devices Busines Unit really cares either we have had no information on this forum for days. Maybe the guys are all partying and don't care.

jibbsy
2008-09-26, 13:52
All gone from Ebuyer now.

mvalera
2008-09-26, 14:05
Yet we have no repsonse from Logitech UK / Europe on the situation.

Nor does it seem that the Slim Devices Busines Unit really cares either we have had no information on this forum for days. Maybe the guys are all partying and don't care.

When I have an answer on what is going on I will let you know.

And we do care!

Mike

Paul Shields
2008-09-26, 15:01
I ended up ordering via a US seller on ebay. Price is the same as the UK once you include postage and (lack of) customs charges, and they include a UK power adapter. I may well live to regret this due to it being grey market, but currently it's mid-atlantic and I should have it in my hands in a few days... I just couldn't stand waiting any longer - I need to wake up to certain things and my current bedroom system just doesn't cut it :).

tonywalk
2008-09-26, 15:02
I think it's evident that the "Slim" guys do care, and that if they hadn't had their hands tied behind their back we could've had our orders fulfilled from California.

Can this be made an option?

ccrome2
2008-09-26, 16:13
I think it's evident that the "Slim" guys do care, and that if they hadn't had their hands tied behind their back we could've had our orders fulfilled from California.

Can this be made an option?

You're right. We care a lot. We cared enough to stay up late nights, fly to china multiple times, and generally spend a TON of emotional capital getting a great product out on time. We all are highly invested in the product, and it's frustrating for us too if people who want to buy them can't. We'd sell them out of the back of our cars if we could :-)

Here are some photos that show real booms in a real store in Switzerland. I know that doesn't mean they're everywhere though...

* http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5917&stc=1&d=1222470711
* http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5919&stc=1&d=1222470711
* http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5920&stc=1&d=1222470711

-Caleb

tonywalk
2008-09-26, 16:51
I think I've spotted where all the Europeabn Booms are !! <grin>

Do you know which store/city it was? Might check up on some cheap flights :-)

JJZolx
2008-09-26, 17:13
Must have been someone at HQ filled up his van with stock and took them to the local store.

Logitech doesn't seem to be very well prepared for handling new product releases. They're 0 for 2 now with new Squeezes. I'm guessing issues like this don't come up when you release a new mouse or webcam. If they get to Sydney a few months after they hit the shelves in Geneva, who cares?

TomJo
2008-09-28, 01:51
Today it seems that several Norwegian online shops has the Boom in stock, but on Logitech's own (Norwegian) online shop it still says not in stock when adding it to the cart. Weird ...

Andy8421
2008-09-28, 21:53
3 weeks since I ordered an 'in stock' Boom from Logitech's UK site. Since initial confirmation of order, (if you will excuse the pun) radio silence.

AlchemyToo
2008-09-29, 03:25
Got my Boom on Friday from Ripcaster, and love it -- just ordered another one.

They expect the next delivery on Oct 3.

dobmob
2008-09-29, 08:05
I ordered one from the UK Logitech site last week, it didn't say they were out of stock, but having just spoken to them they confirm they won't have any until the next delivery this Friday 3rd Oct, then a further four to five days to get them out to customers.

They did say that if I could find one in stock elsewhere I could cancel the order, but even dabs says "due in 1-2 days" so I'll just wait I think.

jimwillsher
2008-09-29, 08:11
I preordered mine from www.themp3company.co.uk and it arrived today.

Guys....it's worth waiting for!

My only suggestion (for Boom 2) would be a fold up carry handle. But that aside, I simply cannot fault it! It's brilliant!

Jim

vvatsa
2008-09-30, 07:22
Just got the shipment confirmation email, Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Thanks to the slim guys for escalating the issue to Logitech EMEA.

kidstypike
2008-09-30, 07:42
Cancelled my order with Logitech UK yesterday.
I've just received the Boom I ordered from Ebuyer.
Devil of a thing to set up... must have taken all of 5 mins, including 2 nail-biting firmware updates.

Sounds good!

kidstypike

claws
2008-09-30, 07:48
I thought that the Boom price on the Logitech site was steep before. It WAS $499AU which is ridiculous compared to the US price of $299. The US $299 price already has profit built in. Convert that to $AU and it was $360AU last I checked. Factor in some shipping.... results in a price nowhere close to $499AU per unit.

Check this Google cache of the logitech site exposed to Australian users (It may only be around for a while):
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:nTR7ujV6iaIJ:www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/%26cl%3Dau,en+logitech+wireless+music+systems+au+s ite:logitech.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=au

To further distance Australian buyers it now seems to have gone up another $100AU to $599AU!
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/&cl=au,en

I love my 2 squeezeboxes and really want a Boom but I'm this price is just crazy. Previously I would have recommended Slim products to my friends but I would feel stupid to do that now.

What is going on here? Is the Logitech AU division adding another layer of profit on top of the profit already factored in to the retail price?

I'm over Logitech Australia wasting my time.

TomJo
2008-09-30, 08:09
Just got the shipment confirmation email

Same here, got the confirmation, scheduled delivery oct 2nd

Paul_B
2008-09-30, 09:09
I have just received a confirmation from Logitech UK and UPS, delivery is due on 2nd October

kidstypike
2008-09-30, 09:16
I have just received a confirmation from Logitech UK and UPS, delivery is due on 2nd October

Ridiculous!
When I phoned Logitech UK yesterday, (16:30) they told me they didn't know when they would have the Boom in stock.
24 hours later, they are giving shipping dates.

kidstypike

TomJo
2008-09-30, 09:29
Never used UPS before. Anyone know if they deliver at the evening or only during daytime?

SushiDS
2008-09-30, 10:49
In stock @ Amazon.de

€ 279,97

Hmmm..... MUST.... RESIST...... AAARGH... =8-)

signor_rossi
2008-09-30, 12:13
Logitech.de says in stock, but no Boom for Italian citizens yet since I can't order from other than Italian Logitech site which says no stock :(

jwhitehorn
2008-09-30, 14:49
Mine arrived from themp3company yesterday (finally after multiple dates given and missed). Definitely worth the wait :-)

Hooked straight into the network and found the server without any problems, and my wireless network is setup with WPA2, no SSID broadcast, and only recognised MACs allowed. The build quality is very nice and it feels really solid. The sound quality is exceptional from such a small box. The Duet controller works perfectly with it. SWMBO approval factor is high. The only downside is we may have to get more. This one was supposed to go in the bedroom to double as an alarm clock, but it looks like it's being promoted to the kitchen spot already.

Nice one, guys !!

But you really need to go and kick some butt in Logitech UK/EMEA - they have soooooo let the side down. Their inability to give an accurate delivery date suggests either incredible incompetence or unbelievable arrogance, neither of which are going to hack it in the present economic climate.

Jamie

Paul_B
2008-09-30, 15:19
Well the note from UPS states the package is coming from Dusseldorf! So not the UK. No idea if this is normal for Logitech UK or whether this has been achieved through pressure by Slim on the EMEA Logitech logistics

oreillymj
2008-10-01, 04:23
Still waiting for Expansys to change the status of the Boom from "Pre-Order" to "In Stock" or "Shipping".

Just called them about the order that I placed on the 9th Sept and they tell me that they haven't been given a release date from the Mfg.

Can someone from Logitech UK ship about 5 into Expansys UK? They're about the only e-tailer I can find who'll ship to Ireland due to WEEE restrictions.

BTW - I guessing this (WEEE) might also have something to do with Slim not longer shipping to Europe as well as the fact they'd be eating into the Logitech EMEA's sales.

Paul_B
2008-10-01, 04:53
I haven't even received my Squeezebox Boom yet, guess it is in the air or going through the tunnel to the UK. However, I have received an email asking for participation in a survey!! I've started a new thread, http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=345879#post345879

dragonmts
2008-10-01, 05:58
A local site in South Africa had the Boom listed as an ETA of September 2008 and I saw that today the 1 Oct nothing had happened. I then mailed them and their reply was:
"My apologies.The supplier has removed this item from their pricelist.there for we can't supply this item."
I mean really, are we getting the Boom here or not? Can anyone help me out. Logitech South Africa don't have any telephone numbers listed either! So I can't contact them to ask them personnally.

tonywalk
2008-10-01, 07:16
Yup, count another one on it's way from Dusseldorf to the UK.

Same dates as everyone else - shipped yesterday for delivery tomorrow (2nd).

Thanks Slim guys if your intervention on our behalf got the units moving.

Cheers,
Tony.

mvalera
2008-10-01, 08:31
Word from the European distribution center is that all Logi.com orders were shipped as of yesterday.

I'll try and find out more about our retailer's stock situation.

Mike

TomJo
2008-10-02, 09:07
Finally got it! wohooo

tonywalk
2008-10-02, 15:00
Got mine and am listening to it now. Excellent product. I'll lob a review into the thread I think exists for this purpose.

tonywalk
2008-10-02, 15:05
Word from the European distribution center is that all Logi.com orders were shipped as of yesterday.

I'll try and find out more about our retailer's stock situation.

Mike

Cheers Mike looks like they expedited shipping too. Warmest thanks go to yourself and the guys in Calif. from here in the miserable, wet and cold North of England (or Middle Great Britain if you prefer).

That's why we need (great) tech. To keep us from spotting that it's raining yet again.

Cheers, and I owe you guys a pint if you're ever in the Manchester area.

Regards,
Tony.

Andy8421
2008-10-06, 13:54
Three weeks after ordering an in stock boom from Logitech UK, I am now the proud owner. I have to say, it works very well. Even my very sceptical wife said that it 'sounds ok' which is praise indeed. I now have a stable of slim products, a transporter, two duets, an SB3 and a boom. Very pleased with all of them.

Wish I could say the same for my experience with Logitech's on line store. Apart from great products, Slim's reputation is built upon a close relationship with clients and excellent customer service. I still have the reply saved from Sean about my question on the transformer coupled S/PDIF output on my transporter.

It is always difficult after a takeover to maintain the same level of customer service that a small firm was able to achieve, but I would recommend that the Slim team look at the problems non-US purchasers of Booms have experienced and consider re-opening their own on-line store to European buyers.

Ben Sandee
2008-10-06, 17:05
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Andy8421 <
Andy8421.3gvn5n1223326503 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> It is always difficult after a takeover to maintain the same level of
> customer service that a small firm was able to achieve, but I would
> recommend that the Slim team look at the problems non-US purchasers of
> Booms have experienced and consider re-opening their own on-line store
> to European buyers.

I bought a Boom off of Amazon.com just a few days after they were released,
plus I paid $25 under the list price. Maybe SD/Logitech should focus on
filling retail channel and ignore their online store because being an online
merchant and a hardware company are two very different things.

Ben

Kevint
2008-10-07, 05:16
I ordered from Logitech.co.uk yesterday and had an e-mail confirming shipped today. They seem happy to ship to my work address rather than my billing address which means there will be somebody to sign for it when it arrives.

The link to UPS for tracking doesn't work but maybe that's a UPS problem.

Kevin

mvalera
2008-10-07, 09:52
If UPS tracking works like it does in the US, you won't see anything for about a day or so.

The tracking notice goes out when the product is "shipped" via the printing of the label. It won't show on the ups.com tracking tool until it's physically picked up by the UPS guy and scanned.

Mike

Kevint
2008-10-07, 10:13
Thanks Mike, you are correct, it is now showing on UPS as In Transit from Dusseldorf.

Kevin

Krist
2008-10-07, 14:58
Here are some photos that show real booms in a real store in Switzerland. I know that doesn't mean they're everywhere though...

I saw them in Mediamarkt too... 30 minutes after having bought my boom at K55 (www.k55.ch) in Zürich. Luckily K55 was cheaper than Mediamarkt, so I didn't have to regret anything...

Kevint
2008-10-09, 03:59
It's arrived! Ordered Monday morning, arrived Thursday morning so 3 days door to door. Initial impressions - well packaged, small, heavy, looks a quality piece of kit. Will try at home tonight :-)

Kevin

chipbutty
2008-10-09, 04:11
Got mine yesterday. Ordered from Logitech UK. Delivery via UPS was floorless as usual.

There's something very satisfying about listening to the Boom. Obviously it doesn't beat my dedicated hifi in terms of sound quality but it's a very neat piece of design. The sound quality is excellent though, very balanced.

It's arrived! Ordered Monday morning, arrived Thursday morning so 3 days door to door. Initial impressions - well packaged, small, heavy, looks a quality piece of kit. Will try at home tonight :-)

Kevin

SJobson
2008-10-09, 12:20
I happened to check PC World's website for stock and lo! There was stock in Coventry. So I made the pilgrimage on the way home and now have a Boom. Even my wife likes it; she initially objected to the lack of a slot for CDs, but the device itself is covetable enough for her to want to use it. So she's learning.

AlchemyToo
2008-10-14, 01:28
I've had one on order from Ripcaster for about two weeks, with no sign of it arriving anytime soon, despite a delivery estimate of Oct 3.

So I called today to cancel, and the lady on the phone told me that they had just received four (!) items, but no definitive date for more supply -- she was very annoyed with Logitech, who apparently have been very unreliable for a year in sticking to delivery estimates. And she was even less amused when I told her that every PC World shop now seems to have them in stock.

Looks like Logitech is abandoning the companies that have served them well when they still trading as SlimDevices, which is a shame.

oreillymj
2008-10-14, 04:06
Yes, TheMP3company also expected stock last Friday, but got none.

I cancelled an order with Expansys and ordered with them last week as others here were lucky enough to get stock from the 1st batch.

http://www.themp3company.co.uk/index.php?id=product&product_id=667

Expansys still have no idea when they'll have stock.
http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=172810

ccrome2
2008-10-14, 08:24
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 12:20 PM, SJobson <
SJobson.3h12zn1223580303 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> Even my wife likes it; she initially objected to the lack
> of a slot for CDs

It has a slot. It's on your PC, and you only have to use it once for each
CD!

DaveWr
2008-10-14, 11:39
I've had one on order from Ripcaster for about two weeks, with no sign of it arriving anytime soon, despite a delivery estimate of Oct 3.

So I called today to cancel, and the lady on the phone told me that they had just received four (!) items, but no definitive date for more supply -- she was very annoyed with Logitech, who apparently have been very unreliable for a year in sticking to delivery estimates. And she was even less amused when I told her that every PC World shop now seems to have them in stock.

Looks like Logitech is abandoning the companies that have served them well when they still trading as SlimDevices, which is a shame.

Hi I agree. I had the same conversation with themp3company. They said Logitech have a very disjointed stock supply approach. It does seem the big players get favoured in the UK. Well if I were Slim, I would want some answers on what is happening.

David

SJobson
2008-10-21, 01:34
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 12:20 PM, SJobson <
SJobson.3h12zn1223580303 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> Even my wife likes it; she initially objected to the lack
> of a slot for CDs

It has a slot. It's on your PC, and you only have to use it once for each
CD!You think I can trust her to rip new purchases and get the tags right? ;)

I noticed that PC World had stock in quite a few local stores when I checked last week (round Birmingham, UK) - I feel bad that I cancelled my order from the MP3 Company to get a PC World Boom, but after all the posts on here about delays, I simply wanted to buy from a retailer with the Boom in stock.

DaveWr
2008-10-21, 02:13
I ordered from theMP3Company, and I got the product when Logitech delivered. The Boom is superb. Fits our kitchen requirements perfectly.

I still feel sorry for Slim - their Logitech distribution handling seems a little haphazard. Their distributors that have supported them for many years, and seem to get bypassed by the new bigger players, must be a little concerned.

Regards

Dave

oreillymj
2008-10-21, 05:57
Dave,
Are you saying you got a Boom delivered from a shipment TheMP3Company received last Friday?

I was told that my order would be fulfilled by a shipment on the 9th, which never arrived from Logitech.

Then the estimated ship date was changed to the 17th, and the web-site hasn't been updated since. My order is still marked as waiting for stock although my credit card has been debited.

DaveWr
2008-10-21, 06:23
No I ordered at the announcement date - it was shipped 26th Sept.

I had several communications with them - all very good - they kept me informed by email, but had several delivery delays / promises from Logitech UK.

Regards

Dave

oreillymj
2008-10-21, 07:22
Thanks Dave.

I'll just have to be a bit more patient. But having moved my order from one retailer with no stock to another who hasn't gotten any more stock since their first shipment, I seem to be playing musical chairs.

My original order was placed with Expansys on around 9th September.

BTW - Still no sign of any Booms in PC World/Currys in Ireland.

AlchemyToo
2008-10-21, 09:53
Lambda Tek have lots of them in stock now -- see here: http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?prodID=B147553

The price has gone up from when I ordered, but they are one of the few online retailers that can reliably supply a Boom.

I'm not afiliated with them, just a happy customer.

DJMUK
2008-10-23, 08:05
There might be some good news for those still waiting in the UK!

I have just had an email from AdvancedMPPlayers to say that my back order for two Boom's has been shipped. I ordered on the 11th October after reciving my first on the 9th and being so impressed. I just checked the web site and it says the Boom is in stock.

Hope everybody waiting gets one soon - I do not think you will be disappointed.

This brings my SD collection to:

1 x SB1G (now passed on to a good home)
3 x SB2 (now passed on to good homes)
2 x SB3
1 x Transporter
1 x Controller
3 x Boom

What a wonderful product range this is.

David

claws
2008-10-23, 17:55
The Boom is finally available in Australia, though I have not seen it in shops yet. I went with the local eBay vendor option and picked up a Boom for $405AU. Not to bad when the Logitech Australia site lists the RRP price as $650AU. It feels like every time I look at the Logitech (AU) Boom site the price changes.

Anyway I just wanted to say to Slim developers... good job with the Boom, it sounds and looks great.

This brings my collection to:
2 x SB3
1 x Duet
1 x Boom

signor_rossi
2008-10-28, 08:44
The Boom is finally available in Australia, though I have not seen it in shops yet. I went with the local eBay vendor option and picked up a Boom for $405AU. Not to bad when the Logitech Australia site lists the RRP price as $650AU. It feels like every time I look at the Logitech (AU) Boom site the price changes.

Anyway I just wanted to say to Slim developers... good job with the Boom, it sounds and looks great.

This brings my collection to:
2 x SB3
1 x Duet
1 x Boom

Hey, Down Under isn't as remote as many think then!
In Italy the Boom is still not available yet!
(which is a good thing, since my collection of Slimdevices gimmics would grow near the size of yours)

SignorRossi.

MickeyG
2008-10-28, 10:08
The Squeezebox Boom is available in Italy through our partner Telecom Italia. You can buy it from their web site for 279 euros:

http://www.187.alice.it/cgi-bin/di_187/di/187/di3/demand/productView.do?channelId=-536887723&categoryOid=-536894516&productOid=536921938&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pageTypeId=536888874

I've been told you can go to a Telecom Italia retail store too.

You can also purchase it from the Logitech Italy web site for the same price:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/4707&cl=it,it

Mickey

signor_rossi
2008-10-28, 12:09
The Squeezebox Boom is available in Italy through our partner Telecom Italia. You can buy it from their web site for 279 euros:

http://www.187.alice.it/cgi-bin/di_187/di/187/di3/demand/productView.do?channelId=-536887723&categoryOid=-536894516&productOid=536921938&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&pageTypeId=536888874

I've been told you can go to a Telecom Italia retail store too.

You can also purchase it from the Logitech Italy web site for the same price:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/4707&cl=it,it

Mickey

Interesting that it is immediately available in the Telecom Italia shop and not in stock in the Logitech shop. It's only that I am not a Telecom consumer customer, I have a business line. But I guess they will sell me one at a Telecom Italia shop in my town, let's see how long I can refrain from buying one, since I already bought a Duet some weeks ago and gave my lightning damaged SB3 (ethernet port dead, wireless still o.k.) to my mother, she really seems to like the SB3 so far. But I am quite pessimistic regarding that matter... ;)

SignorRossi.

oreillymj
2008-10-28, 15:06
Hurray, I finally got my Boom from TheMP3Company.
It's still completely invisible as far as any Irish retailers are concerned.

Seems like there's a gap in the market for an Irish reseller.

bpa
2008-10-28, 15:22
In Ireland, Peats, PC World and Harvey Norman all sell SB3 and Peats also has Duet but they hold minimal stock and not being demo'ed. None have Boom yet. This is a big improvement - pre Logitech nobody in Ireland stocked SBs.

Komplett.ie also have SB3 (at a good price euro 179), Duet & Transporter but no Boom yet.

oreillymj
2008-10-29, 04:39
I've seen Peats in Blanch with boxed products. Pity none on demo. I might pick up another SB3 after Xmas from Komplett.

Elara now has the Boom at a reasonable price. I paid just over €300 to get mine shipped from the UK.

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MME2226161&productID=S5762365