PDA

View Full Version : Zone 2 with Denon 3808 CI

mark956101957
2008-08-30, 19:55
I have a Logitech Squeezebox Duet with optical audio output into my Denon 3808 CI and I want to zone 2 out to another receiver in my bedroom since my main listening area is 7.1. Will the Denon output the RCA pre outs to my second amp in my bedroom in zone2 with a optical audio input from my Squeezebox? Thanks for your help

kpfeif
2008-09-01, 19:19
Hi.

Probably not. I have an Onkyo receiver with Zone-2 functionality. I'm betting that Denon and Onkyo implement this in the same way. Only analog sources can be routed to the Zone2 analog outs. For instance, I, too, have a Squeezebox receiver connected to "CD" input of the receiver. The receiver can do the D/A conversion for listening in the main room via the digital inputs, but alas, it can't route that to the Zone2 analog outs - I HAVE to hook up the analog outs of the Squeezebox to the CD input's analog ins to get the Squeezebox audio to Zone2.

mark956101957
2008-09-02, 15:02
Hi.

Probably not. I have an Onkyo receiver with Zone-2 functionality. I'm betting that Denon and Onkyo implement this in the same way. Only analog sources can be routed to the Zone2 analog outs. For instance, I, too, have a Squeezebox receiver connected to "CD" input of the receiver. The receiver can do the D/A conversion for listening in the main room via the digital inputs, but alas, it can't route that to the Zone2 analog outs - I HAVE to hook up the analog outs of the Squeezebox to the CD input's analog ins to get the Squeezebox audio to Zone2.

My understanding is as long as it is not an HDMI input and it is PCM that I take the pre out with RCAs out to another amp it will work with zone 2. I will be trying it in the next couple of days. As I mentioned it is the Denon 3808 CI receiver.

mark956101957
2008-09-04, 16:43
My understanding is as long as it is not an HDMI input and it is PCM that I take the pre out with RCAs out to another amp it will work with zone 2. I will be trying it in the next couple of days. As I mentioned it is the Denon 3808 CI receiver.

Well I just hooked up my Denon 3808 output to zone 2 to play my Squeezebox into 2 speakers into my bedroom as well as the 7 speakers in my living room and it works fine. I do have to crank my sencond amp up pretty high to get the volume I want in the bedroom on Zone2 for some reason. Sounds good and I have volume control with my second amp.