PDA

View Full Version : Censoring last.fm scrobbler

trixpan
2008-08-29, 19:05
I know this will be a pathetic request, but is it possible to tag a track to no be added to my Last.fm scrobbler?

My wife is the "one hit wonder" type and loves some very dubious quality music that I don't really want to be associated with. :-)

Is it possible to control scrobbling on a per track basis?

elziko
2008-08-31, 05:59
I'd also me interested in something like this. Maybe if we put a 'DONOTSCROBBLE' tag in our files then the SC or the SB could pick up this tag and know not to scrobble that track.

tamanaco
2008-08-31, 06:47
I'd also me interested in something like this. Maybe if we put a 'DONOTSCROBBLE' tag in our files then the SC or the SB could pick up this tag and know not to scrobble that track.

I can also see the need for such functionality, but it has to be very well thought out. There are households with multiple players in different rooms with different last.fm ids working of a single SC server. In order to descrimitate which songs not to scrobble a last.fm "USERID" tag might need to be part of the implementation.

elziko
2008-08-31, 09:29
I can also see the need for such functionality, but it has to be very well thought out. There are households with multiple players in different rooms with different last.fm ids working of a single SC server. In order to descrimitate which songs not to scrobble a last.fm "USERID" tag might need to be part of the implementation.

Yes, perhaps the DONOTSCROBBLE tag could contain a list of usernames to not scrobble that track for.

ddewey
2008-08-31, 13:37
Quoting trixpan (trixpan.3exoen1220062201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com):

>
> I know this will be a pathetic request, but is it possible to tag a
> track to no be added to my Last.fm scrobbler?
>
> My wife is the "one hit wonder" type and loves some very dubious
> quality music that I don't really want to be associated with. :-)
>
> Is it possible to control scrobbling on a per track basis?

The SlimScrobbler plugin has the ability to skip scrobbling based on
genre. Note this is NOT the builtin last.fm scrobbler, it's a
different thing altogether.

I have my wifes music tagged with her name as the 'genre,' and set
that genre up to not be scrobbled. Works perfectly.

dd

elziko
2008-08-31, 13:48
I have my wifes music tagged with her name as the 'genre,' and set that genre up to not be scrobbled. Works perfectly.

Does it work with multiple genres in the genre tag? So that I could put the 'do not scrobble genre' in the tag with the original genre?

Thanks

trixpan
2008-08-31, 19:18
Yes, perhaps the DONOTSCROBBLE tag could contain a list of usernames to not scrobble that track for.

...if the logic was all server based, blacklist parser plugged to the slimdevices scrobbler before submission.

I don't know why but it gives me the creeps any thing that strongly relates to the TAGs fields.

aubuti
2008-08-31, 19:35
I know this will be a pathetic request, but is it possible to tag a track to no be added to my Last.fm scrobbler?

My wife is the "one hit wonder" type and loves some very dubious quality music that I don't really want to be associated with. :-)

Is it possible to control scrobbling on a per track basis?
Not that I know of on a track basis, but you can eliminate a complete artist from your scrobbling records via the www.last.fm site. Seems a shame to ding the entire body of an artist's work for one fan's over-enthusiasm, but my dearly beloved is about to drive me to that with one particular artist....