PDA

View Full Version : Duet controller software update

99-dk
2008-08-29, 15:04
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to update the firmware in the Squeezebox Duet controller?
Tryed settings->Advanced->Software update->Begin update, all I get is Upgrade failed.
I'm using SqueezeCenter_7.1.1~22908 on my ReadyNAS Duo.
The controller says 7.0.1r2448

Thx. foa any help.

raaurora
2008-08-30, 06:55
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to update the firmware in the Squeezebox Duet controller?
Tryed settings->Advanced->Software update->Begin update, all I get is Upgrade failed.
I'm using SqueezeCenter_7.1.1~22908 on my ReadyNAS Duo.
The controller says 7.0.1r2448

Thx. foa any help.

Have you tried installing the 7.2 version of SC now that it is formally released? After the install, the controller should prompt you to upgrade firmware once you turn it on.

EDIT

also, if you continue to get 'update failed' messages, try suspending your firewall and anti-virus software and see if it then runs. If that is the problem then you need to apply the firewall and AV exceptions. You should be able to locate them by searching support.

good luck.

slimpy
2008-08-30, 08:34
Make sure you have "Automatically check for software updates" enabled in server settings and a working internet connection.
The new firmware needs to be downlaoded from the Slimdevices server. It will only do it if you have check for updates enabled.

-s.

timbo_bobcat
2008-08-30, 09:13
I had this same problem with my Duet controller, after installing 7.2 today. The firmware update always failed.

Turning off Firewall and AV didn't help.

I saw in another thread that switching to a different player helped. I only have one player, but if I chose Squeezenetwork rather than my PC as the Music Source, the firmware update then worked.

When it had finished, whilst still connected to Squeezenetwork it says the firmware is up to date (version 7.2 r2873). When I switch the music source to my PC again and reboot it says there is an update available, but it fails as before.

And in none of these states do I see the "Display" menu item in Settings. If I choose "About" it says I'm version r2873. Any ideas?

andifor
2008-08-31, 02:28
I had this same problem with my Duet controller, after installing 7.2 today. The firmware update always failed.

Turning off Firewall and AV didn't help.

I saw in another thread that switching to a different player helped. I only have one player, but if I chose Squeezenetwork rather than my PC as the Music Source, the firmware update then worked.

When it had finished, whilst still connected to Squeezenetwork it says the firmware is up to date (version 7.2 r2873). When I switch the music source to my PC again and reboot it says there is an update available, but it fails as before.

And in none of these states do I see the "Display" menu item in Settings. If I choose "About" it says I'm version r2873. Any ideas?

There is a thread about a manual update. This does work, I did it two times now. It might work for you, as long as you know to use scp and not sftp to copy jive to the controller (as I did the first time).

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=50574

justNigel
2008-08-31, 12:16
I was having what sounds like a similar problem. (Lots of failed connections in the server log, in spite of having good internet connectivity with the PC in the house.)

I shut everything down (including my NAS) and then powered down the router. Router up; NAS up; SC up... everything worked fine.

Nigel

timbo_bobcat
2008-08-31, 13:42
EDITED:

Thanks for the responses. My Controller now says I'm up to date with the firmware.

Is r2873 the latest version, and if so why can't I see the new "Display" option under Settings??

slimpy
2008-08-31, 15:32
EDITED:

Thanks for the responses. My Controller now says I'm up to date with the firmware.

Is r2873 the latest version, and if so why can't I see the new "Display" option under Settings??
r2873 is the latest.
You will only get the display option when you select a player that actually has a display, like SB 1/2/3/classic/boom. If you have a receiver selected there is no display option.

-s.

timbo_bobcat
2008-08-31, 22:54
OK thanks!

simonjedrake
2008-09-01, 13:16
For many weeks now I have been unable to update my Duet to the latest software which seems a pretty common problem on this forum.
Having tried everything I have found an INSTANT solution.
I simply registered my Duet on my already existing Squeezenetwork accout, & within minutes the upgrade was updating my Duet.
Job Done
Simon