PDA

View Full Version : Debug Error Message?

buck
2008-08-26, 15:43
Hi!
I was trouble shooting a different application and was running DebugView from Microsoft. While debug was running, this message was constantly in the viewer.
[4980] Invalid parameter passed to C runtime function.
I noted over 40,000 instances in less than 10 minutes. I began shutting down applications to try and figure out which one was the culprit and when I shut down SqueezeCenter, the messages stopped. The messages consistently began and stopped every time I ran/shut down SC. I uninstalled SC7.2-22491 and reinstalled 7.1. I still get the same message. Interestingly, SC SEEMS to be running OK.
Any ideas? That error seems to be fairly generic? (I state in question format since I really don't know)
I am running Gateway Vista 64bit. 720GBHD 4GB RAM INTEL CORE2 QUAD CPU 2.4GHZ
If you require any other information, please let me know
Thanks in advance

Buck

buck
2008-09-01, 17:51
Another piece of information. I re-upgraged to the officially supported version of 7.2. I just ordered a Squeezebox Boom and have to run this version. I sure would like to have this run so I do not have to disable it whenever I want my other program to work. The other program that I was trouble shooting was MediaMonkey. It would actually freeze up while ripping a CD and when it finally released itself, Windows would no longer recognize my DVD/CD rom until a reboot. When SqueezeCenter is disabled, I do not get the above mention message and MediaMonkey works as it should. Am I reporting this correctly? Should I post this in different forum? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Buck

raaurora
2008-09-01, 18:08
There are a couple of sticky posts at the top of the general discussion board. One deals with contacting support...which it sounds like you should do. If it turns out there is a bug, there is a second sticky describing how those should be reported.

buck
2008-09-02, 22:22
Thanks. I did note the sticky posts. I hesitated to file a bug report because I would hate to "cry wolf" and report a bug that no one else is seeing. But on the other hand, it is consistent. I guess that it warrants a call to customer support now since I will finally have a newer gen product. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

Buck