PDA

View Full Version : Not able to get SqueezeCenter to connect

UT-Driven
2008-08-26, 14:04
I have spent way too many hours working with the Squeezebox Duet product and I cannot get this to connect to SqueezeCenter.

I have a Linksys WRT-54G-TM T-Mobile co-branded wireless router, my PC running Windows XP and Windows default firewall software. I upgraded the firmware to the latest firmware for this model. I upgraded to the latest version of SqueezeCenter on the PC.

I also have a Netgear NAS drive running the software to support SqueezeCenter functionality on the device (downloaded from this site, not the built-in limited functionality driver it came with).

I have tried running WEP at first, then WPA2 and finally no encryption and using only the MAC filtering. The controller connects fine, but when I try to connect to SqueezeCenter on either the PC or NAS, it just says it did not connect and to try again. I like in a fairly small place of 621 square feet, so the range of the wireless connection is not an issue.

I have configured the Windows firewall to allow the 2 ports listed (UDP and TCP), and I tried to add port forwarding to my PC using the same ports. It won't let me put SqueezeCenter as the Application, it cuts off at SqueezeCente.

The controller was updated to the latest version that is available (July 28 build if I recall).

I have tried changing the channels for the wireless connection, tried forcing 802.11b, etc... and nothing seems to work. It will connect to the SqueezeNetwork, so it seems like I need to do something else to allow the connection to the PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Doug

Uluen
2008-08-26, 16:44
Did you reboot the Windows PC after the SC install?

Tried (quickly) disabling the Windows firewall?

(If it connects to the wireless, use the best security available as it can connect to SN as you say, the problem is elsewhere I think.)

UT-Driven
2008-08-27, 13:46
Did you reboot the Windows PC after the SC install?

Tried (quickly) disabling the Windows firewall?

(If it connects to the wireless, use the best security available as it can connect to SN as you say, the problem is elsewhere I think.)

I have rebooted since the install.

I guess I can try turning off the firewall for a minute since the router is there. It was evil when I did not have a router when I first moved in. I had Norton Internet Security at the time and I would see attempt after attempt at getting to my PC.

The support e-mail I received asked for me to turn off my AV software. Since my Netgear ReadyNAS is acting the same way, I think it is router related.

I will re-enable WPA2 in the long run.

Thanks,

Doug

OldCoder
2008-08-31, 11:32
What took me "over the top" was using channel 2.

If you are using a high channel on your wireless network, try going lower.
A lot lower.

And make sure no one is using a wireless phone while you do the setup.

Good luck!