PDA

View Full Version : "Non-standard" Countries

lrossouw
2008-08-25, 05:39
Hi

Just a heads up on those of you in a different country to the norm.

I recently lost the remote to one of my SB3s. Was considering to get the controller to replace it as I thought it seemed pretty nifty. However when I went to order the controler (or the replacement remote) my country was not listed (I previously, pre-Logitech, ordered off the web and my country was available as delivery destination).

I emailed them about this, and got this response:
"Unfortunately due to organizational changes our web site no longer ships to or sells to South Africa. This is now handled by the Logitech South Africa webstore. I know they do not currently have the Controller in stock and they are not selling replacement remotes. Unfortunately you may have to wait for the controllers availability in your region as each region is in control of what products they sell. I will ask about a replacement remote. I do not think its right for you to not be able to acquire a replacement. I will find out if we have a technical support department in your region that can send you a replacement remote. I will definitely find a solution to your problem I just need to do a little research. "

Was curious as to what they were going to do about it, but found the missing remote right after this email and I told them not to bother.

My main problem with this is that a manager in South Africa who is probably very unlikely to hear about the SB will now decide if we can get future products. Luckily for me I am going to be in Singapore for a couple of years, but this undermines the accessibility one has by being able to directly order from SlimDevices.

Not a major gripe. Just for info.

Cheers
Louis

Dingostrategy
2008-08-25, 05:49
Hi

Just a heads up on those of you in a different country to the norm.

I recently lost the remote to one of my SB3s. Was considering to get the controller to replace it as I thought it seemed pretty nifty. However when I went to order the controler (or the replacement remote) my country was not listed (I previously, pre-Logitech, ordered off the web and my country was available as delivery destination).

I emailed them about this, and got this response:
"Unfortunately due to organizational changes our web site no longer ships to or sells to South Africa. This is now handled by the Logitech South Africa webstore. I know they do not currently have the Controller in stock and they are not selling replacement remotes. Unfortunately you may have to wait for the controllers availability in your region as each region is in control of what products they sell. I will ask about a replacement remote. I do not think its right for you to not be able to acquire a replacement. I will find out if we have a technical support department in your region that can send you a replacement remote. I will definitely find a solution to your problem I just need to do a little research. "

Was curious as to what they were going to do about it, but found the missing remote right after this email and I told them not to bother.

My main problem with this is that a manager in South Africa who is probably very unlikely to hear about the SB will now decide if we can get future products. Luckily for me I am going to be in Singapore for a couple of years, but this undermines the accessibility one has by being able to directly order from SlimDevices.

Not a major gripe. Just for info.

Cheers
Louis

Hassles in India, too. We don't even have the duet yet.

Dingo
India / Australia

mikeselectricstuff
2008-08-25, 07:19
I'm sure you can find a distributor with a more flexible shipping policy. Logitech isn't the only place to buy Logitech stuff...

lrossouw
2008-08-25, 07:31
hey this is africa! :) haven't seen any sb3s down here, other than my own.

And to prove myself wrong I've found it:
http://www.sybaritic.co.za/store/product_info.php?cPath=125_447&products_id=14955

Thanks for the suggestion.