PDA

View Full Version : Basic settings disappeared...

herts101
2008-08-23, 03:38
Not sure exactly when this happened but I seem to have lost some settings on the Player Basic Settings tab.

Yesterday I noticed that I only had Player name, Reset player preferences and Player information whilst running SC7.1.

I completely uninstalled Squeezecenter, and installed the latest nightly of SC7.2. This gave me the "Play Other Songs On Album" setting back, but aren't there meant to be a load of Screensaver and other settings in here? (see attached screenshot)

I've reset my Receiver and cleared my browser cache, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm running Windows XP with a Duet.

Thank you!

Peter.

aubuti
2008-08-23, 04:33
What's available depends on the player. SB "Classic" models (SB, SB2, SB3) Basic Settings include screensaver, display format settings, etc. But because SB Receivers don't have a screen, you don't get those options under Basic Settings or anywhere else.

herts101
2008-08-23, 04:40
OK. Thank you.

I want to change the behaviour of the Now Playing screensaver on the SBC, (and take advantage of the new settings so that it jumps back to the previous screen). Is this setting somewhere else on Squeezecenter?

I've searched everywhere and can't find it.

Thanks again,

Peter.

aubuti
2008-08-23, 05:52
Change the settings for the SBC on the SBC itself (Home > Settings > Screen > etc.)

herts101
2008-08-23, 06:13
Thanks. I've looked at those settings and can't find an option to do what I want.

I'd like to change the behaviour of the Now Playing screensaver so that it jumps back to the previous menu position from a key press, not back to the homepage.

As described in this thread, http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=51051, I think this is now in place for the Controller, yet I can't find the setting to change to it, either on the Controller or on Squeezecenter.

Thank you again for your help.

Peter.

aubuti
2008-08-23, 06:26
I admit that I only quickly skimmed the thread you mention, but I didn't see anything suggesting that it was implemented on SBC. Could you point me to any particular post(s) in that thread that indicate it's available on SBC?

herts101
2008-08-23, 11:15
Re-read it, and I think you're right, this isn't on the Controller yet.

I was sure that in the past I'd seen options on SC to change the Screensaver in this way but I may have just put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

Apologies for wasting your time.

Still would be a great enhancement though - must check whether it's been requested already.

Peter.