PDA

View Full Version : missing tracks in album view



Jim & Toni
2004-03-30, 05:24
I have some tracks that have duplicate track numbers but the same album
name (part of a box set). In album view (or artist view) only 1
instance of each track number is displayed.



So, browse by folder shows



1. FOO by Pete from Pete's Box Set

1. BAR by Pete from Pete's Box Set

1. BAZ by Pete from Pete's Box Set

2. YUMMY by Pete from Pete's Box Set

2. NERF by Pete from Pete's Box Set



Browse by album only shows



1 album with 2 songs by 1 artist

1. FOO by Pete from Pete's Box Set

2. YUMMY by Pete from Pete's Box Set.



Should I just renumber the tracks so there are no duplicates or is this
a bug to be fixed??

Thanks.

Jason Holtzapple
2004-03-30, 07:12
Jim & Toni wrote:
> I have some tracks that have duplicate track numbers but the same album
> name (part of a box set). In album view (or artist view) only 1
> instance of each track number is displayed.

....

> Should I just renumber the tracks so there are no duplicates or is this
> a bug to be fixed??

I choose to renumber the tracks, but you can also use the DISC id3
tag and make sure you have the appropriate "Group Discs" setting in
your server preferences.

--Jason

Bob Myers
2004-03-30, 15:49
Quoting Jason Holtzapple:

> Jim & Toni wrote:
>> I have some tracks that have duplicate track numbers but the same
>> album name (part of a box set). In album view (or artist view) only
>> 1 instance of each track number is displayed.
>
> I choose to renumber the tracks, but you can also use the DISC id3
> tag and make sure you have the appropriate "Group Discs" setting in
> your server preferences.

I can't find the DISC tag documented anywhere. Looking at the
slimserver source I notice that it is indeed using the DISC tag, but
looking at ID3V2 documentation it appears they recommend the TPA tag to
mean "part of set". I can't find any tag editor that will let me edit
either the DISC tag or the TPA tag, though, even my Abander Tag Editor
which I shelled out $21 for because it's highly functional and fast
(although can't edit FLAC tags). Oh, wait a minute--maybe foobar2000
can. But I'd still like to know is DISC a tag the Slim people invented?

--
Bob Myers

Jason Holtzapple
2004-03-30, 15:58
Bob Myers wrote:
> Quoting Jason Holtzapple:
>>Jim & Toni wrote:
>>
>>>I have some tracks that have duplicate track numbers but the same
>>>album name (part of a box set). In album view (or artist view) only
>>>1 instance of each track number is displayed.
>>
>>I choose to renumber the tracks, but you can also use the DISC id3
>>tag and make sure you have the appropriate "Group Discs" setting in
>>your server preferences.
>
>
> But I'd still like to know is DISC a tag the Slim people invented?

I'm pretty sure you can blame iTunes for DISC.

--Jason