PDA

View Full Version : SBC battery cover creak is beginning to drive me crazy

Enoch Soames
2008-08-21, 05:51
I guess I should count myself lucky that this is my most serious Squeezebox problem at the moment, but the battery cover of my SBC has begun to creak every time I press a button, and it's really annoying. I think it's a plastic-on-plastic issue: The cover doesn't fit quite as snugly as it should, and whenever I compress the controller to press a button it creaks. The bottom of the cover seems solid; the creak comes from the upper left portion.

While a minor problem, it doesn't speak well for the SBC's fit and finish; I would expect a doodad this pricey to be more solid. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, did you find a solution?

egd
2008-08-21, 06:11
Mine's been doing it from day one...the overall build quality is pretty poor - the battery lid has play and squeaks as your palm closes around it when pressing buttons etc. I also own a Harmony One and it's fair to say that the build quality by comparison is in a different league altogether.

Letten
2008-08-21, 06:15
Had the same problem, solved by putting some ( unused :-) ) handkerchief tissue paper on top of the battery. Cut and fold to size of the battery just high enough to still be able close the cover whith a little pressure.

Enoch Soames
2008-08-21, 06:54
Thanks! I tried your tissue fix, and the creak is just about gone. I'll add another layer when I have time and see if that doesn't get rid of it completely.

I had thought about putting something in there - another foam square, maybe - but it never occurred to me that tissue might work. Much appreciated.

Had the same problem, solved by putting some ( unused :-) ) handkerchief tissue paper on top of the battery. Cut and fold to size of the battery just high enough to still be able close the cover whith a little pressure.

auronthas
2008-08-21, 07:02
a small, thin piece of sponge glued to battery lid cover may solve problem as well.

simbo
2008-08-21, 07:03
A small dollop of blu-tac worked for me. :-)

Kim.T
2008-08-21, 07:25
Look at this thread : http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45758&highlight=squeak
A small piece of tape solved the problem.