PDA

View Full Version : SC 7.1, MusicIP headless and album art

haylo75
2008-08-21, 04:31
I'm running the above combination and importing my library exclusively from the MusicIP headless cache. I'm storing album art as folder.jpg. I get no album art on artist or album listings, but of course it appears when viewing a specific album and SC manually checks for art. I am not using the MusicIP GUI client in any way with this current installation due to its love of crashing. Any ideas on why I'm not seeing art?

----------------
Listening to: The Replacements - Androgynous (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+replacements/track/androgynous)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

mherger
2008-08-21, 04:45
> installation due to its love of crashing. Any ideas on why I'm not
> seeing art?

No, but maybe your scanner log would have some hint?

--

Michael

haylo75
2008-08-22, 15:02
The only lines in my scanner log start out with MPEG::Audio::Frame::broken. I see no mention of anything to do with cover art.

egd
2008-08-22, 15:40
I've got the same setup running on my NAS and my album art (folder.jpg in all cases) shows up in SC, whether via web or Controller interface.

Just guessing here, but was your album art added prior to or after building the MiP cache? You could also point SC to the library and rescan, just make sure the path from SC's perspective is identical to that in MiP's cache (otherwise your library will double up). The downside is rescans will take 2x as long to run.

haylo75
2008-08-22, 20:09
My cover art, folder.jpg in each album folder, has been in place for some time. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I am running headless with its default cache location and do scans solely using the web interface after having archived analysis tags using genpuid. I haven't used the MiP GUI at all.

egd
2008-08-22, 21:51
Shouldn't make any difference. You're using MiP pretty much the same way I do and I get album art. Have a look at the Wiki entry in my signature and see if there's something we've overlooked/ forgotten.

haylo75
2008-08-23, 07:43
The wiki entry is what I used to get things set up :) I read through the page again, and I find it to be pretty straightforward and, aside from this album art thing, everything went very smoothly. I decided to open the m3lib in MiP GUI to check whether album art exists there. No issues there, all album art appears in the GUI. Weird stuff.