PDA

View Full Version : Don't do this if you use Rhapsody.....

Howard Passman
2008-08-21, 01:53
Using my DUET, I synchronized my receiver and SoftSqueeze while playing Rhapsody. At first it just gave me some strange behavior, but after a while the SB quit playing Rhapsody all together. Eventually, I started receiving an error message on my Controller when I tried to play Rhapsody that said I need SB2 or higher to play Rhapsody. Then it finally hit me to unsync the SS and the SB. While the controller showed that it had, it actually hadn't. Took me a little while longer to go to SC and check the sync settings. When I unsync'd it there, everything started working again. Of course it didn't help that Rhapsody had a server issue in the middle of it where I couldn't pull *my* music or playlists.

So, you can't play Rhapsody on SoftSqueeze and if you sync SS with any other device, neither will work until you unsync it in SqueezeCenter.

Howard

FredFredrickson
2008-08-21, 06:59
Yes, this sucks.

Let me utilize this opportunity to show my support, again, for rhapsody in squeezeplay. I know that it's in license negotiations at the moment (or something like that), but again RHAPSODY I PLEAD WITH YOU!! It's a darn good idea, I'll need a second rhapsody account!

Howard Passman
2008-08-21, 11:37
Yes, this sucks.

Let me utilize this opportunity to show my support, again, for rhapsody in squeezeplay. I know that it's in license negotiations at the moment (or something like that), but again RHAPSODY I PLEAD WITH YOU!! It's a darn good idea, I'll need a second rhapsody account!

Hey Fred.. I agree. I signed up a few days ago and I am having a ball listening to lots of old music that I haven't heard in years.

I wish they would do family accounts so each person could have their own log in or area. I guess that wouldn't be financially viable for them.

Howard

y360
2008-08-21, 12:16
Rhapsody staff posted this once on their forum board
"We are looking into a "family account" plan, but making the economics work is challenging."

FredFredrickson
2008-08-22, 07:52
You can do something like this, I think, by using multiple accounts, but it costs more.