PDA

View Full Version : Album Art not showing...

elmstreet
2008-08-17, 13:13
Hi everyone,
I tried to find an answer to my question on the last few pages of this forum but had no luck.
Here is my problem:
I manage all my music with iTunes and everything is ok regarding album covers.
Managing them with iTunes 7.6 make them embedded, so I have no cover.jpg or ALBUM NAME.jpg files in my folders.
Well, when I go to the web interface of the Squeeze Center, half of my covers don't show up.
I tried to find where it came from, but can't find a clue.
Of course, when I use the Controller of the Duet, the exact same albums don't have their cover displayed.

If someone can help me find a solution.

elmstreet
2008-08-17, 13:14
Looking at some of the embedded artwork of my files, it seems the ones not showing are bigger than 500x500 pixels.
Is it a limitation of the SqueezeCenter ?
How can I manage this, if this is the problem ?
I thought that the option "resampling artwork" was meant to do the trick...

mherger
2008-08-17, 14:07
> Managing them with iTunes 7.6 make them embedded, so I have no
> cover.jpg or ALBUM NAME.jpg files in my folders.

SC doesn't support iTunes' cover art, as they decided not to document they're format. You might give the iTunesUpdater plugin a try, which can help with this issue. You'll find references in the forum.

--

Michael

elmstreet
2008-08-17, 14:34
It's strange cause all of my covers are treated by itunes and half od them do show up but the other half doesn't.
I looked further about the size clue but it is not relevant.
Some of the cover showing are bigger than 500x500.
I really don't see any logic in this.
Though I'll give a try to iTunes Updater.

Evan_E
2008-08-17, 18:38
SC doesn't support iTunes' cover art, as they decided not to document [their] format. That's only true for artwork that iTunes itself searches for and finds. If you manually add artwork, it's embedded in the ID3 tags and SqueezeCenter handles it with aplomb. If you're running a Mac, you can use the Embed Artwork AppleScript to embed existing artwork that isn't showing up in SqueezeCenter.

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

AndrewFG
2008-08-17, 23:12
If you manually add artwork, it's embedded in the ID3 tags and SqueezeCenter handles it with aplomb.

Actually your statement is not strictly correct...

In the case of user added cover art, Apple uses a proprietary extension of the MPEG-4 (aka MP4) file format whereby the art is stored as an embedded JPG or PNG file inside an Apple defined "covr" box in the MP4 stream.

In other words they don't use ID3 tags, but people have been able to reverse engineer the "covr" box so that SqueezeCenter can nevertheless extract the art from it.

On the other hand, when the art is downloaded from Apple iTunes Store, it is NOT stored in a "covr" box, but instead it is stored in an encoded manner elsewhere in your iTunes folder. So far nobody has been able to reverse engineer this coding, so at present SqueezeCenter cannot extract the art from it...

Evan_E
2008-08-31, 21:26
Actually your statement is not strictly correct...I sit corrected. And edified.

Zeno
2008-09-18, 05:19
... select the album with missing art work. Copy (right click on cover in itunes)the cover not displaying in squeeze center into the clip board and paste it again. The art work now will show up in squeeze center.

Hi everyone,
I tried to find an answer to my question on the last few pages of this forum but had no luck.
Here is my problem:
I manage all my music with iTunes and everything is ok regarding album covers.
Managing them with iTunes 7.6 make them embedded, so I have no cover.jpg or ALBUM NAME.jpg files in my folders.
Well, when I go to the web interface of the Squeeze Center, half of my covers don't show up.
I tried to find where it came from, but can't find a clue.
Of course, when I use the Controller of the Duet, the exact same albums don't have their cover displayed.

If someone can help me find a solution.

herts101
2008-09-28, 11:24
Check out this thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44344&highlight=saveitunesartworktofile.js&page=4

The script worked for me on Windows XP.

Peter.

AndrewFG
2008-10-05, 22:58
Check out this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=44344&highlight=saveitunesartworktofile.js&page=4

Or this one: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=53413