PDA

View Full Version : Itunes Library

CaribbeanSoul
2008-08-16, 18:04
Only a part of my itunes library is read by Squeezebox Duet. I have cleared and rescanned to no avail. Much of what is missing are the songs I have purchased and downloaded on itunes and not my ripped music. What I am doing wrong?? Thanks for any help in advance.

radish
2008-08-16, 20:40
Due to Apple licensing Squeezebox can't playback anything bought from the iTunes store which includes DRM. This is most of their content (some more recent files don't have DRM and are playable).

iPhone
2008-08-16, 20:48
Only a part of my itunes library is read by Squeezebox Duet. I have cleared and rescanned to no avail. Much of what is missing are the songs I have purchased and downloaded on itunes and not my ripped music. What I am doing wrong?? Thanks for any help in advance.

Are they DRM iTunes downloads? Also what format are they stored in? Remember that the Duet doesn't play every Apple Format. Check the online manual for available format types.

CaribbeanSoul
2008-08-16, 20:55
That makes sense. They are "protected AAC audio files". Thanks for the great responses. I appreciate the thought.

Nonreality
2008-08-17, 01:36
That makes sense. They are "protected AAC audio files". Thanks for the great responses. I appreciate the thought.
And remember to thank Apple for this not Slim. :)