PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox crashes

grimholtz
2008-08-16, 06:04
Hi,

One of my squeezeboxes crashes and restarts whenever I try to connect it to my wireless network. I get as far as choosing WPA security. Then, on the next screen where I should enter the WPA password, the squeezebox freezes and reboots.

It connects fine to a neighbor's unsecured Wifi network.

Help! What should I do?

grimholtz

SilverRS8
2008-08-16, 06:11
Hi,

One of my squeezeboxes crashes and restarts whenever I try to connect it to my wireless network. I get as far as choosing WPA security. Then, on the next screen where I should enter the WPA password, the squeezebox freezes and reboots.

It connects fine to a neighbor's unsecured Wifi network.

Help! What should I do?

grimholtz

I had the same thing last week. I changed my router so I also had to change the network settings. the SB3 kept on rebooting when entering the WPA password.

Do a factory reset (hold the ADD button while plugging in the power again). You must go trough all the steps to connect to a wireless network but after the reset it will not reboot when asking for the WPA password.
This worked for me. Possibly a firmware bug I suppose.

Frank

grimholtz
2008-08-16, 06:20
It worked! Thanks! However, the hardware reset is done by holding "1" while turning on the power (according to the wiki (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands)). I used "1", not "add", and it worked.

thanks again

radish
2008-08-16, 10:34
Glad it's working again for you, but the wiki was wrong :) I fixed it.