PDA

View Full Version : Visit Mountainview?

carrera
2008-08-16, 03:59
Hi,

im from Germany, and I will have the chance to go to California (Palo Alto) which is near Mountainview.

So I was asking myself, if its possible to visit Slim Devices, and of course if they sell their Products there - maybe with a little discount.

So it would be great if someone could tell me the exact adress, phone, and if they have it shop opening hours.

Thank You
kind regards
carrera

PSSO
2008-08-16, 05:43
Maybe this can help http://www.slimdevices.com/au_directions.html

MrC
2008-08-16, 06:01
Tell us more about your visit!

SuperQ
2008-08-16, 09:11
You will want to contact sales@slimdevices.com to let them know you would like a tour. They're busy working most days. :) They don't offer discounts for visits, but they do have refurbished gear from time to time.

carrera
2008-08-20, 08:54
Hi,

thank you so far for the informations.

I wrote an email to sales@slimdevices.com an wait what they tell me.

On the other hand I talked to the german customs and asked them how much tax i would have to pay, if i bring e.g. a transporter home. Its a lot of money, so maybe it's useless...

So I wait what the slimdevices people tell me.

Thank You
Kind regards
carrera

Anoop M.
2008-08-20, 15:11
Stop on by.....we will give you a tour!!

Osten
2008-08-21, 02:40
Whoa! I wished I lived nearby; otherwise I'll certainly like to view the production of these slim devices that I love!

Sike
2008-08-21, 04:04
Or make a trip to Switzerland. It's the same price as in the US and you can smuggle it easier :) .. oh yes and it's closer.

http://www.toppreise.ch/prod_135478.html

mvalera
2008-09-18, 16:55
We don't sell refurbs anytime besides during openhouses.

We'll be having another one this holiday.

Mike

audio53
2008-09-18, 17:46
Whoa! I wished I lived nearby; otherwise I'll certainly like to view the production of these slim devices that I love!

Isn't the hardware made in China?

Bob

seanadams
2008-09-18, 22:26
Isn't the hardware made in China?

Bob

Except for PCB stuffing, Transporter is assembled in Mountain View. We even use local vendors for the metal work. Unfortunately there are no factory tours, so you'll have to take our word for it. :)

audio53
2008-09-19, 18:29
Except for PCB stuffing, Transporter is assembled in Mountain View. We even use local vendors for the metal work. Unfortunately there are no factory tours, so you'll have to take our word for it. :)

Thanks, Sean. It's good to know you have at least kept final assembly in the states. Seems there are more and more issues of questionable quality and component counterfeiting coming out of China (I work in the high-rel electronics manufacturing business and see the increase in trade press articles about this.) Keep an eye on those PC boards!

Bob