PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecentre???

RHorsley
2008-08-15, 22:33
I've just downloaded Squeezecentre... what happened to all the settings I used to have for Slimserver...I'm sure the audio quality has dropped....

funkstar
2008-08-16, 00:34
Moving from SlimServer to SqueezeCenter itself won't have effected audio quality, although it is feasable that the firmware upgrade could do it.

When SC7 was first released there was a couple of people querying the audio quality, but the threads never came to anything, personally I think it is just the perception.

Things to check though, just to make sure: check the streaming format settings, make sure your music isn't being transcoded to a lossy format by mistake. Turn ReplayGain off if it is on to eliminate that. If you are using an external DAC and amp, set the volume to 100% to send the bitstream out un-altered.

As for your settings, they *should* have been preserved during the upgrade.

RHorsley
2008-08-16, 00:50
Thanks FunkStar... where do I find settings now? They used to be one of the option off the Home menu... but now I can't see it...

BTW I'm using a Mac Pro

RHorsley
2008-08-16, 00:53
Doh... ignore previous I've found them.... oops

bobm
2008-08-16, 01:29
Things to check though, just to make sure: check the streaming format settings, make sure your music isn't being transcoded to a lossy format by mistake. Turn ReplayGain off if it is on to eliminate that. If you are using an external DAC and amp, set the volume to 100% to send the bitstream out un-altered.[/QUOTE]

Hi Funckstar

Where would I find this setting in 7.1? Thanks Bob

funkstar
2008-08-16, 12:39
Hi Funckstar

Where would I find this setting in 7.1? Thanks Bob
Settings is in the bottom right hand corner on SC7.

ReplayGain : Settings -> Player -> Audio -> Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain

Audio format Settings : Settings -> Advanced -> File Types

bobm
2008-08-18, 20:39
Thank you. Bob