PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Video Player (Videobox)



Peter van der Landen
2004-03-28, 01:21
I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.

It's available from SourceForge at: http://videobox.sourceforge.net

I have been using it on my home system for quite a while now and it seems
quite stable and very useful. Even my girlfriend loves it...

Comments and bugreports are welcome.

Regards,
Peter

Tim Morley
2004-03-28, 01:30
Looks great, now any way of tying in the audio to slimp3/squeezebox so we
only need video to be cabled?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter van der Landen" <landen-slimp (AT) frg (DOT) eur.nl>
To: <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 9:21 AM
Subject: [slim] Squeezebox Video Player (Videobox)


> I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.
>
> It's available from SourceForge at: http://videobox.sourceforge.net
>
> I have been using it on my home system for quite a while now and it seems
> quite stable and very useful. Even my girlfriend loves it...
>
> Comments and bugreports are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Peter
>
>
>
>

kdf
2004-03-28, 01:35
Quoting Peter van der Landen <landen-slimp (AT) frg (DOT) eur.nl>:

> I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.
>
> It's available from SourceForge at: http://videobox.sourceforge.net
>
> I have been using it on my home system for quite a while now and it seems
> quite stable and very useful. Even my girlfriend loves it...
>
> Comments and bugreports are welcome.

cool! but, can you PLEASE do away with the awfully pretentious graphic? Its a
great concept otherwise.


-kdf

Peter van der Landen
2004-03-28, 01:39
> Looks great, now any way of tying in the audio to slimp3/squeezebox so
> we only need video to be cabled?

Not yet ;-) I wouldn't know where to start doing that, so someone else
would have to take up that challenge. I think a potential problem could be
to keep the sound in sync, which is not a big issue while transcoding
oggs, but becomes a problem when you have a video display to keep up
with...

Regards,
Peter


> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Peter van der Landen" <landen-slimp (AT) frg (DOT) eur.nl>
> To: <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
> Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 9:21 AM
> Subject: [slim] Squeezebox Video Player (Videobox)
>
>
>> I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.
>>
>> It's available from SourceForge at: http://videobox.sourceforge.net
>>
>> I have been using it on my home system for quite a while now and it
>> seems quite stable and very useful. Even my girlfriend loves it...
>>
>> Comments and bugreports are welcome.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter
>>
>>
>>
>>

Peter van der Landen
2004-03-28, 01:44
> Quoting Peter van der Landen <landen-slimp (AT) frg (DOT) eur.nl>:
>
> cool! but, can you PLEASE do away with the awfully pretentious graphic?
> Its a great concept otherwise.

My girlfriend made it, so I'm afraid that's out of the question ;-)

I was hoping it would get the concept across (I have a hard time
explaining it
to people occassionally). To reassure you, the application itself is more
on the graphically boring side...

Regards,
Peter

Stuart
2004-03-28, 02:44
>cool! but, can you PLEASE do away with the awfully pretentious graphic? Its a
>great concept otherwise.
>
>
>
>

Whats up with the graphic? Looks good to me.

S.

Peter van der Landen
2004-03-28, 02:58
>
>>cool! but, can you PLEASE do away with the awfully pretentious graphic?
>> Its a great concept otherwise.

> Whats up with the graphic? Looks good to me.

I've been wrecking my brain over that one too. Maybe it's Peter Seller's
(Pretentious? Moi?) face that did it. Strange, Strangelove may be a crazy
nazi, but I hadn't thought of him as pretentious.

For anyone who hasn't seen this movie yet, here is a nice write-up:

http://www.filmmonthly.com/Video/Articles/DrStrangelove/DrStrangelove.html

Regards,
Peter

Rob Funk
2004-03-28, 10:25
Peter van der Landen wrote:
> I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.

/. is watching this mailing list, it seems.
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/28/1633239

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
Rob Funk <rfunk (AT) funknet (DOT) net> | One tooth will never make a full grin"
http://www.funknet.net/rfunk | -- Chris Mars, "Stuck in Rewind"

kdf
2004-03-28, 10:48
Quoting Rob Funk <rfunk (AT) funknet (DOT) net>:

> Peter van der Landen wrote:
> > I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.
>
> /. is watching this mailing list, it seems.
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/28/1633239
>
rather, the author is posting in both locations ;)

Peter van der Landen
2004-03-28, 10:52
> Peter van der Landen wrote:

>> I have created a Squeezebox Video Player extension called Videobox.
>
> /. is watching this mailing list, it seems.
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/28/1633239

Hmmm, actually that was me tooting my own horn ;-)

Regards,
Peter (Xenna)

Nicolas Guillemain
2004-03-28, 14:52
Le 28/03/2004 à 19:17:35, Rod Savard écrivait :

> I like the user interface of your program. I think it would suit the
> SoftSqueeze player nicely.

Funny, that's the first thing that came to mind when I checked out the
Videobox (nice program, btw)... A simple yet full-featured interface
like this (with extra support for hotkeys) would fit the SoftSqueeze
nicely indeed.

Be seeing you,
Nicolas
--
http://www.grenouille.com - la météo du net

Peter van der Landen
2004-03-29, 01:35
> Le 28/03/2004 à 19:17:35, Rod Savard écrivait :
>
>> I like the user interface of your program. I think it would suit the
>> SoftSqueeze player nicely.
>
> Funny, that's the first thing that came to mind when I checked out the
> Videobox (nice program, btw)... A simple yet full-featured interface
> like this (with extra support for hotkeys) would fit the SoftSqueeze
> nicely indeed.

Hi Nicholas,

I guess you must have missed this post a while ago:

http://lists.slimdevices.com/archives/discuss/2004-March/026797.html

Anyway, Richard promises there's going to be a much nicer UI and he's got
a bunch of people working on skins, so we'll see what the future will
bring.
I don't think my VB-Remote UI is very suitable for a music player because
it's just to large. IMO a music player should be small an unobtrusive.
Something like WinAmp I guess...

Regards,
Peter

PS: My VB-Remote *does* have hotkeys, just look at the status messages
when you hover your mouse over the buttons.