Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mspaddler
    • Sep 2006

No Alien BBC on 7.1

The Alien BBC option has gone! I was listening to BBC Radio 2 and went upstairs downloaded the latest version and no more Alien BBC.

Can anyone help
  • jeremy
    • Dec 2005

Alien BBC

You need Alien v2.01beta with SC7.1 - did you upgrade Alien as well as SC?

Jeremy
    RaspberryPi4 server running Raspbian & LMS 8.3, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Pi4 running piCoreplayer 8 connected via USB to Naim DAC-V1, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps with Avondale Audio 2018 mods, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers. Cotrolled by 2 Jogglers or phone
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Radio x2
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Comment

• Neil Sleightholm
      • Apr 2005

You might also want to check out this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=49830 and get the iPlayer addon.

Neil

Comment

• mspaddler
        • Sep 2006

Thanks guys I will try both those......

Comment

• mspaddler
          • Sep 2006

No Alien BBC on 7.1

Thanks for info re new plugin. I downloaded the plugin but I'm afraid I don't seem able to make it run. I am using Vista so it should unzip automatically. Any clues?

Brian

Comment

• bpa
            • Oct 2005

Any clues?
            Only if you provide more info. You haven't provided any info except that you are running Vista.

For example,

1. What version of SC are you running ?
            2. Did you have AlienBBC running ? If so what version ?
            3. What do you mean
            The Alien BBC option has gone! I was listening to BBC Radio 2 and went upstairs downloaded the latest version and no more Alien BBC.
            e.g. the menu has gone or the contents of the "listen again" have gone or something else ?
            downloaded the latest version
            The latest version of what - Windows, Virus checker, AlienBBC, Addon ?

5. What "plugin did you down load - the full plugin or just the Addon ? If you you downloaded the Plugin it should have run an installer and not unzipped.

Please give info - it is impossible to give help without info.

Comment

• mspaddler
              • Sep 2006

No Alien BBC on SC7.1

OK BPA here goes

I downloaded SC 7.1. At the time my Squeezebox was playing Radio2 from the BBC on Alien BBC. Following the download I no longer had the option of Alien BBC on the SC menu.

As advised I subsequently downloaded Alien v2.01beta with SC7.1 from the link given in the above thread. The download arrived fine but I do not know how to make the download run and appear in the radio options menu on SC.

I have updated SC several times since I bought the Squeeze Box (2years) but have never had Alien BBC disappear (Including when I changed from Windows XP to Vista)

I'm afraid I do not know which AlienBBC version was running prior to downloading and running SC7.1.

Hope that is enough info to help.

Thanks Brian

Comment

• bpa
                • Oct 2005

I have updated SC several times since I bought the Squeeze Box (2years) but have never had Alien BBC disappear (Including when I changed from Windows XP to Vista)
                With 7.0 there is a lot more checking of compatibility of an installed plugin with the SC. If the plugin is considered incompatible, it will not be loaded. Since this checking is new you would not have seen it with previous versions of SC.

Furthermore many plugins are compatible with different versions of SC and so they will remain usuable between upgrades. However in this case the FFW/REW mechanism of AlienBBC changed from 7.0 to 7.1 and so AlienBBC for SC7.0 will not run with SC 7.1 and so a user should install AlienBBC 2.01 for 7.1 to have get an AlienBBC menu.

The download arrived fine but I do not know how to make the download run and appear in the radio options menu on SC.
                This is not very informative. It is easier to undo an installation by knowing what steps have been peformed otherwise files may have been put in wrong directories which will cause other problems.

Did you download the plugin installer (.exe) or the plugin zip file ?
                If you downloaded the installer - did you run it ?
                What is the directory path you used to install the AlienBBC plugin ?

Comment

• mspaddler
                  • Sep 2006

No Alien BBC on SC7.1

I downloaded the zip file - no sign of .exe file to run. I was not able to find a .exe file to run.

Regards and thanks for your patience
                  Brian

Comment

• bpa
                    • Oct 2005

2 lines below the zip file.

Comment

• mspaddler
                      • Sep 2006

No Alien BBC on 7.1

BPA
                      Thanks. Working fine now. I just clicked on the link above which was my undoing.

Thanks again for your patience.

Brian

Comment

Working...