PDA

View Full Version : The final straw

egd
2008-08-12, 06:31
After endless difficulties with the Controller and Receiver I've just had the pleasure of being lulled out of slumber by the Receiver suddenly playing white noise coupled with a high pitch tone at high volume. My bedroom a5's are probably fried and I'm very annoyed. The Duet may be a good idea, but it just doesn't pass muster. How do I go about getting a refund on this crap, I've no desire to screw around with it for another second. And yes, I've checked the album, it's not DTS and it's not damaged - plays fine through my PC, and SB3s.

ds2021
2008-08-12, 06:49
FWIW, this happened to me once with one of my SB3s. I power cycled the SB3 (i.e., unplug) and it stopped.

Ben Sandee
2008-08-12, 08:48
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 8:31 AM, egd <
egd.3e184b1218548101 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> After endless difficulties with the Controller and Receiver I've just
> had the pleasure of being lulled out of slumber by the Receiver
> suddenly playing white noise coupled with a high pitch tone at high
> volume. My bedroom a5's are probably fried and I'm very annoyed. The
> Duet may be a good idea, but it just doesn't pass muster. How do I go
> about getting a refund on this crap, I've no desire to screw around
> with it for another second. And yes, I've checked the album, it's not
> DTS and it's not damaged - plays fine through my PC, and SB3s.

Just call up support and they will take care of you. The forums are
certainly not the place to request a refund, but you knew that already.

Ben

Pale Blue Ego
2008-08-12, 11:58
FWIW, this happened to me once with one of my SB3s. I power cycled the SB3 (i.e., unplug) and it stopped.

This happened with one of my SB3s also. I think it was after a power surge or outage, so it could have been the powerline network or the SB3 itself.

I do agree with the OP that the Duet in its current state is more problematic that the SB3.

maggior
2008-08-12, 12:39
I do agree with the OP that the Duet in its current state is more problematic that the SB3.

Same here. To be fair, the SB3 (and its siblings the SB3, etc.) have been around quite a while and have had a lot of time to mature. My expectations with the Duet were it would be as solid as the SB3. In that regard, it failed my expectations. I guess it's just going to take time for it to stabilize.

Hopefully the boombox will be based on SB3 technology and won't suffer the setup quirks the Duet has.

Howard Passman
2008-08-12, 13:13
Hopefully the boombox will be based on SB3 technology and won't suffer the setup quirks the Duet has.

Good point Rich. If one were to judge from the remote, I would say the Boom is closer to the SB3.

Howard