PDA

View Full Version : Transporter RS232 codes - Help required

Mad Mr H
2008-08-10, 03:39
Hi,

I have used RS232 codes for a number of devies in the past, so its not totally new to me.

Currently I am trying to control a Transporter

I have looked but cant find a list of RS232 codes for this machine.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction.

Looking for basic on / off / vol up / vol down / selection of digital inputs in time I would like to add music selection controls.

If it is of any help i am using Pronto 9600 with RFX9600 rs232 control unit.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Mad Mr H
2008-08-11, 03:15
Anyone shed some light on where the codes can be found PLEASE .

Andy.

Mad Mr H
2008-08-12, 01:55
Still looking for direction here............

fcm4711
2008-08-12, 07:36
Hi Andy

There aren't any specific codes for Transporter. The commands are the same as used for the command line interface which can be accessed via a telnet connection to port 9090 on the server running SqueezeCenter.

Both use the CLI described here: Open SqueezeCenters web-interface, click 'Help' in the bottom left corner, choose 'Technical Information' and then 'The SqueezeCenter Command Line Interface'.

Felix

Mad Mr H
2008-08-13, 13:42
HI, Thanks for the info.

I had found that but i does not seem to do what I want.

I need to switch power on, volume up/down, basic left right up down play selections.

The "CLI" seems more to be requesting info and getting that sent back to you.

Did I understand correctly so far ???

The website here http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/3163&cl=gb,en

shows under specification that the Transporter has control via RS232 - I am now concerned that this unit is not fit for this purpose.

Will I be able to use basic controls froma control system via RS232 ???

Thank you for your time,

Andy.

radish
2008-08-13, 13:53
The CLI interface is very rich, you can do pretty much anything with it. There are certainly commands which will do power, volume, playlist control etc.

amcluesent
2008-08-13, 14:43
IMHO, the 'button' command will provide the basics, i.e. '<player id> button volume_up' where <player id> is the MAC address of the device you're targeting.

Following the 'slim' concept, I'm assuming that the RS232 input would take such a command string and relay that to the Squeezecenter for parsing. The Squeezecenter will process the command, send instructions to the player(s) as needed and echo back to the RS232. So the Transporter would never act on RS232 input directly, it's just a means to send commands to the SqueezeCenter.

diamar
2008-08-17, 18:19
You acually do not need the playerid when using RS-232 (there's only 1 player!).

Also, RS-232 control broke in the latest build of SqueezeCenter and became unresponsive. They fixed it recently and if you use the beta build of 7.2 all should be fine.