PDA

View Full Version : Help with controller problem

Jonnio
2008-08-07, 09:33
I started having a problem last night with my Duet controller. After listening to a radio stream or Pandora (via squeezenetwork) for a few minutes the controller would no longer respond to menu selections. So if I wanted to back out and switch to a different radio station I couldn't. It did still work fine for pause, skip, etc... If I turn the controller off and back on then it starts working again for a few minutes.

Anyone have this problem or a solution to it?

mvalera
2008-08-07, 10:14
Are you getting the blue connection icon on Squeezebox Controller?

If so, your router likely does not support the "wake" part of the 802.11 power saving mode correctly. What kind of wireless router are you running?

Mike

pablolie
2008-08-07, 12:16
I started having a problem last night with my Duet controller. After listening to a radio stream or Pandora (via squeezenetwork) for a few minutes the controller would no longer respond to menu selections. So if I wanted to back out and switch to a different radio station I couldn't. It did still work fine for pause, skip, etc... If I turn the controller off and back on then it starts working again for a few minutes.

Anyone have this problem or a solution to it?

The Controller wireless connections issues are widely reported. 7.1 makes things somewhat more bearable, but the best thing to do is contact support and get an RMA.

I think it would be good if Logitech would more readily state what the wireless connectivity issue is. Many people have experienced it, so it is either
(a) a compatibility issue with several wireless routers, in which case an official list of compatible wireless routers would be nice
(b) an issue affecting a certain production batch

In either case, knowing more about the issue would help me decide if I can conjure up the confidence to buy a second Duet (the one I own is about to go get replaced as an RMA). I have been a huge fan of the traditional SB3, but need to decide whether going forward I'll stick with the SB3, or whether I will give the Duet another chance as I keep adding units to different areas of the house.

Jonnio
2008-08-07, 13:01
Are you getting the blue connection icon on Squeezebox Controller?

If so, your router likely does not support the "wake" part of the 802.11 power saving mode correctly. What kind of wireless router are you running?

Mike

No, I am not getting the blue icon. I am actually still able to control the receiver, just nothing that requires me to press the middle button to go deeper into a menu choice. The router is a Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT.

I will call support tonight if its still doing it when I get home. I also need to do some more experimenting with my local server vs. squeezenetwork.

Jonnio
2008-08-07, 15:01
Well, it appears to be a squeezenetwork issue. I switched to my local server this afternoon and it has been running flawlessly since.