PDA

View Full Version : Volume drops.

Nonreality
2008-08-07, 07:55
I have my SB3 volume manually set to 100%. Windows XP. Ever since the official 7.1 SC whenever I use lastFM through SC my volume drops to -20DB. Is this part of the volume problem? Everyone I've seen with that problem has the volume fixed in the setting of SC. I don't. Mine is manually set with the remote and left there. I like having the option to lower the volume with the SB remote if I can't find my receiver's remote. In the 7.1 beta's I never had this problem. Do I need to go to a nightly to fix it? Thanks

Nonreality
2008-08-08, 01:53
Wow, am I the only one with this problem. I think I'm honored. :)

Nonreality
2008-08-08, 11:55
I guess I had better go to a nightly and hope it's fixed. Just now I was playing some Neil Young and half way into a song the SB3 switched to random play. That's a new one. I was pouring a cup of coffee and started looking for ghosts in my living room. :|

Nonreality
2008-08-09, 00:51
He always has answers for stuff like this. :0

Nonreality
2008-08-15, 16:03
Just in case anyone else had any of these problems, I switched to 7.2 and everything seems to be fine now. :)

geodezic
2008-08-20, 17:26
I too am having volume issues with 7.1 SC. I have noticed recently while listening to last.fm the volume changes from one track to the next. Pretty significant increases. Additionally, the music stops for no apparent reason. Did you experience this as well?

iPhone
2008-08-20, 20:47
He always has answers for stuff like this. :0

WOW, sorry. I don't know how I didn't see your post until the person before me posted which made it show up again in New Posts. Very odd. Glad to hear 7.2 cleared things up for you. I thought all the volume issues with 7.1 were with the setting being changed during an update and not copying ones saved fix settings.

I have been Beta testing 7.2 for a while so I probably wouldn't have been much help to you other then to tell you to go to the latest 7.1 nightly or jump up to 7.2.

Nonreality
2008-08-20, 23:51
I too am having volume issues with 7.1 SC. I have noticed recently while listening to last.fm the volume changes from one track to the next. Pretty significant increases. Additionally, the music stops for no apparent reason. Did you experience this as well?
All I can say is jump to 7.2. It's been flawless for me. If it's changes too much it might be replay gain changes. Actually that might not be right because I don't think that replay gain works for lastfm. I had songs from my own library that would quit and start a new song half way through. Once it went to random play half way through. But I have to say that I have no problems at all with 7.2 so you might want to try it.

geodezic
2008-08-22, 21:21
Thanks, I upgraded to 7.2 and volume issues went away! Life is good