Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muzak
    • Jun 2006

Help please!

I have Squeezecenter 7.1 (7.1-22170) running under SSOTS on my QNAP. I can play files via Foobar on the QNAP but when I hit play in Squeezecenter it just does nothing - it does not add it to the playing window and no sound is produced. Any ideas?

Thanks, Muzak.
  • Muzak
    • Jun 2006

To be a little clearer, when I browse to squeezecenter on the QNAP NAS from my computer I can see a list of files in my music library but not play them and get any sound. However, I can play the same files in Foobar by browsing directly to them in the directory on the QNAP so it seems certain to be a Squeezecenter issue.

Comment

• Muzak
      • Jun 2006

From the server log:

0035: [08-08-07 00:01:12.2689] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (383) request not dispatchable!
      0034: [08-08-07 00:01:00.4410] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (383) request not dispatchable!
      0033: [08-08-07 00:00:56.8157] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (383) request not dispatchable!
      0032: [08-08-07 00:00:56.7599] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (383) request not dispatchable!

Comment

• bhaagensen
        • Sep 2006

Do you have a player connected? What kind, squeezebox or software player? Are you streaming to foobar?

Comment

• Muzak
          • Jun 2006

Hi

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what SqueezeCenter can do? I do not have a player connected. All I have done is browse to SqueezeCenter on the NAS and click play next to one of my music tracks in the library - when I do this SqueezeCenter does nothing.

Thanks

Muzak

Comment

• bhaagensen
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Muzak
            Hi

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what SqueezeCenter can do? I do not have a player connected. All I have done is browse to SqueezeCenter on the NAS and click play next to one of my music tracks in the library - when I do this SqueezeCenter does nothing.

Thanks

Muzak
            I think you might have. SqueezeCenter can not playpack music by itself, only control playback on attached players such as a Squeezebox, Duet Receiver, Transporter, or software players. SoftSqueeze is a software player provided by SqueezeCenter. You can find it in the "Extra" menu in SqueezeCenter. It requires Java to be installed on the machine you want to her playback on. I.e. not necesarily on the machine running SqueezeCenter.

In order to use it just fire up the webinterface as you usually do and to to the Extras menu. It's pretty self-explanatory from there. Otherwise just ask again.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Muzak
              • Jun 2006

Thanks - I think that probably does help. My intention is to connect my SB3 to Squeezecenter but I was just setting up the QNAP last night and wanted to check Squeezecenter was working before having connected a player. Given the error message above in this thread I suppose that SqueezeCenter checks for a player if asked to play a track and logs an error if one is not set-up. Which would seem to be fine. I'll check tonight. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...