View Full Version : SC 7.1 Shuffle?

Ross M
2008-08-03, 14:33
Hi

It appears that I’ve lost the shuffle feature from my SC 7.1. When I put
the cursor over the icon that used to offer the shuffle feature it reads
“undefined”.
Anyone know where it went? How to find it again? I use Firefox 3.0.1,
Windows XP (home edition) and the default interface. Thanks.

Ross

Eric Seaberg
2008-08-03, 14:43
It also says 'undefined' on Firefox on a Mac, but I think it wtill works. Just click on it. BTW, it also says 'undefined' in Safari.

Otherwise, change the interface to something like 'Fishbone', which I prefer anyway.

Harry G
2008-08-04, 06:31
I'm having the same experience running 7.1 on an Ubuntu server.

With persistence, using Firefox on the server or Firefox or IE on XP machines I can eventually get it to work but there is always a long delay. On an HP XP tablet, who lives to control SC, it does not work at all now. On all of the above it says "undefined".

Feels like I've lost a friend:-(

Being able to change the relative widths of the two sides of the GUI is very nice (that is new, isn't it?) though I wouldn't trade it for shuffle.

MrSinatra
2008-08-04, 08:35
Being able to change the relative widths of the two sides of the GUI is very nice (that is new, isn't it?) though I wouldn't trade it for shuffle.

what skin can you do that in???

i can't do it in the default skin using IE7 and i very much want to be able to.

Harry G
2008-08-04, 13:28
what skin can you do that in???

i can't do it in the default skin using IE7 and i very much want to be able to.

With the Default Skin.

Just checked. You're right. Doesn't work in IE7. I've been doing it in Firefox.

Is shuffle working for you?

Harry G
2008-08-04, 13:32
It also says 'undefined' on Firefox on a Mac, but I think it wtill works. Just click on it. BTW, it also says 'undefined' in Safari.

Otherwise, change the interface to something like 'Fishbone', which I prefer anyway.

Thanks, but Fishbone gives me a headache. Too many stripes.

If the default is the default, I think it reasonable that it have all the standard features.

MrSinatra
2008-08-04, 13:45
With the Default Skin.

Just checked. You're right. Doesn't work in IE7. I've been doing it in Firefox.

Is shuffle working for you?

is this a bug? i assume it is supposed to do it in IE7. i think the developers need to spend some more time in the #1 market browser. i keep getting annoying issues like this in IE7.

i don't use shuffle, i assume its the button next to the repeat button. i get "undefined" when i hover over it too and when i click it i can't tell that anything happens.

MrSinatra
2008-08-04, 13:50
now shuffle seems to happen when i add to the playlist, and i can't get it to turn off. it remains glowing. another annoyance. how do i get it off?

kdf
2008-08-04, 14:34
When I put
the cursor over the icon that used to offer the shuffle feature it reads
“undefined”.

This is filed as bug 9031: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9031
The fix has been added to 7.1.1 builds (which are not very likely to be official as 7.2 is scheduled for the very near future).

I saw no functional problem with the button, so I've only handled the tooltip. Note: the button only works in the default skin when the player is 'on'.

-kdf

MrSinatra
2008-08-04, 14:42
good catch kdf, i now have it off after turning the player on to do so.

is that a bug or by design?

also, is it a bug that SC isn't resizing columns in IE7?

kdf
2008-08-04, 14:58
On 4-Aug-08, at 2:42 PM, MrSinatra wrote:
>
> is that a bug or by design?
>
it's looks like it's checking in the code so it's by design.

> also, is it a bug that SC isn't resizing columns in IE7?

no idea. I never use IE7 as it's banned where I work, and I'm not
party to the Logitech design meetings.
The original design did not support resizing. Adding the feature may
have been easy enough on Firefox and not with IE7, so could be
something you only get on FF (or maybe Safari, Opera).

There are bound to be non-critical features that will work on one
browser but not another until they all follow the same standard 100%.

-kdf

MrSinatra
2008-08-04, 15:12
kdf, i agree with all that. what is sticking in my craw tho, is that i actually had that ability at some point within the last several months, and since i use IE7 like almost 100% of the time for SC7, it had to be with IE7.

iow's, its something that came, then went i think. the problem of course is that i was probably concentrating on other SC features at the time, not to mention other things in life, and just didn't post about it when i noticed it was gone.

i figured it would come back, but i am in 7.2 now and it hasn't. so i figure this is something SC7 and IE7 can do, but for the moment is broken. this thread just reminded me of it.

Harry G
2008-08-04, 16:42
....another annoyance. how do i get it off?

That's easy, MrSinatra. Have Angie rub it slowly while telling it what a big beautiful button it is;-)

mherger
2008-08-04, 22:18
> The original design did not support resizing. Adding the feature may
> have been easy enough on Firefox and not with IE7, so could be
> something you only get on FF (or maybe Safari, Opera).

Perfect guess: the resizing is a nice side-effect of the new layout engine
we're using. IE's inability to use it is due to its background image
handling which is different to _any_ other browser. Consider it a goody
you get if you're using a decent browser. It's not an advertised feature -
thus lack of it in IE not a bug (in SC).

Michael

MrSinatra
2008-08-05, 09:39
but at some point in a previous SC build IE7 did it right? b/c i only use IE7 to access SC and i know some months back i saw this feature in action.

frankly, i'd rather have this feature than a background image.

Harry G
2008-08-05, 19:29
but at some point in a previous SC build IE7 did it right? b/c i only use IE7 to access SC and i know some months back i saw this feature in action.

frankly, i'd rather have this feature than a background image.

I agree with you about the importance of the feature (and sorry for the jest).

What if you set up and optimized FireFox just for SC and set SC as its home page? One click would get you there.

SC's a real joy to use in FF's full screen mode with all the toolbars gone and the album selector side taking up about 70% of the screen. Makes it look and work like a dedicated $10k music server on one of those $20K+ corporate control systems Crestron and their ilk make. I'd post a pic but the Flash makes my snapshot program go nuts.

ModelCitizen
2008-08-05, 20:29
I'd post a pic but the Flash makes my snapshot program go nuts.
Try using the Print (PrtSc) Screen key. Paste it into a new (blank) image made in any graphics prog.

MC

moley6knipe
2008-08-06, 05:21
I agree with you about the importance of the feature (and sorry for the jest).

What if you set up and optimized FireFox just for SC and set SC as its home page? One click would get you there.

SC's a real joy to use in FF's full screen mode with all the toolbars gone and the album selector side taking up about 70% of the screen. Makes it look and work like a dedicated $10k music server on one of those $20K+ corporate control systems Crestron and their ilk make. I'd post a pic but the Flash makes my snapshot program go nuts.

Gawd, please don't. Much shouting has occured recently on this already. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=49977&page=2

MrSinatra
2008-08-06, 16:53
shouting? come on. overly-sensitive ponytail talk. a complaint or observation or critique is not always shouting.