PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Nokia 770 Skin

LanceOng
2008-08-01, 11:55
I'm using 2 SlimDevices with SqueezeCenter 7.1.

The Nokia 770 skin won't let me switch between devices. I have to go to the standard interface, change devices, then go back to the Nokia interface.

This was not a problem on the 6.x SlimServer. It started with the SqueezeCenter 7.0 version.

Lance

bklaas
2008-08-01, 12:27

The Nokia 770 skin won't let me switch between devices. I have to go to the standard interface, change devices, then go back to the Nokia interface.

This was not a problem on the 6.x SlimServer. It started with the SqueezeCenter 7.0 version.

Lance

Are you using a 770 or an N800/N810?

On the 770, occasionally javascript gets disabled on the browser (it's a bizarre, but javascript disabled is the default on the 770 browser). Make sure that it's enabled (from the Browser: Tools->Settings->check Javascript enabled), because that will break the player chooser.

My 770 connected to the Nokia770 skin works for changing players. I'm currently using SC 7.2, which should be identical in this part of the code.

cheers,
#!/ben

DLloyd
2008-08-14, 02:23

Lance

This may or may not be related, but here is a really frustrating problem I am experiencing today with the Nokia770 skin:

On a Windows Vista PC with IE 7.0, I loaded the SqueezeCenter Web interface with the default skin, then scrolled through the other skins on the interface settings page. I selected each skin, clicked on Save Settings, then refreshed the browser. This worked fine for each skin until I selected the Nokia770 one.

On IE 7.0 the page does not display correctly, the page is garbled and hence the page navigation is unusable. It took a while to figure out how to get to the interface settings page, I could select a different skin but there is a problem....

The Nokia770 skin disables the scroll bars within the browser and the page is too large to fit the browser window, so you cannot sroll down to the Save Settings button to change the skin.

On a Mac running OS X 10.5.4 and Safari 3.1.2, the Web interface loads and the Nokia770 skin displays correctly. However, when I navigate to the interface settings page, select a different skin and click on Save Settings, hey presto! The page refreshes with the Nokia770 skin each time.

So I'm stuck with this skin. Is anyone else experiencing this issue????

(SqueezeCenter Version: 7.1 - 22170 on Debian Etch).

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------
Edit. I have just filed a bug report for this. There seem to be several outstanding bugs for the Nokia770 skin.

radish
2008-08-14, 16:42
You can change skin by putting the name on the URL, e.g. http://server:9000/Default for the default skin. Then go into settings and change it there to set it permanently.

patherb2
2008-12-03, 14:00
I'm having the same problem as LanceOng. I am using the Nokia 770 skin on a Nokia N800. I've checked and Javascript is enabled. I'm using the most recent version of Squeezecenter. I think it's 7.2. I can choose either player from the opening menu, but when I goto a submenu ie genre it reverts back to the original player. Any thoughts?

patherb2
2008-12-04, 06:01
I should also mention that the two players I am trying to control are the SBR and SB3.

patherb2
2008-12-04, 10:14
This is pretty frustrating. I just re-downloaded and installed SqueezeCenter 7.2.1. I still can't control my SB3 through the Nokia 770 skin on the Nokia N800. It works fine for the SBR. The SB3 shows up in the dropdown, it just won't switch to control it. I've skirted the issue by synchronizing the two players, but it annoys me that it doesn't work properly.

radish
2008-12-04, 17:31
Have you tried it in a regular browser (e.g. firefox or IE)? I'm running 7.2.1 here and can use the n770 skin to switch between players fine on firefox. I haven't dusted off my 770 to try it on that yet :)

patherb2
2008-12-05, 09:27
Yep, the Nokia 770 skin works fine from the regular browser (Internet Explorer).

patherb2
2008-12-08, 07:20
I suppose this skin is no longer supported as its developer is now a Logitech employee. Regardless, there is no way I will be buying a Controller. I'd much rather use an iPhone/Touch.

radish
2008-12-08, 08:03
If it's part of the standard download then it's supported, but this isn't an official support channel. Contact tech support via email or phone and they can help.