PDA

View Full Version : New Duet setup...Questions

Bert57
2008-07-29, 10:51
Just setup a duet wireless system and have a question. I am using an external hd and had ripped (JRiver) 7 or 8 albums to it prior to receiving the sb. SB found my music and went through some download. Setup went fairly quick but when we went to the controller and scrolled to "Albums" only one album showed. Scrolled to "artist" still the same one album. We then tried "new music" and all albums on the hd were available. When I click on one of them it goes to that album and will go on to show all tracks and times. How do I get all the albums sorted and stored under "albums, artist, genre"?
Thanks
Steve

Skittler
2008-07-29, 13:21
Start by checking exactly what your tags are on your files?
What type of files are they anyway?

Try using Mp3Tag for looking at and modifying tags.

Bert57
2008-07-29, 13:44
thanks for the suggestion.
The files are supposed to be flac but vaguely remember that I found after ripping a few albums that at least some were wma(?).
Have been thinking about this all day and that wma just came back to me when I read your reply. Will check when I get home.
Thanks again and will be back later with an update.
Steve

Bert57
2008-07-30, 05:31
Spent some time last night trying to figure out what the problem was and found that the album files in my ext hd have no tags. Only the one album that shows up under "artist, genre" etc. has tags associated with the file. Is it possible the tags are on my computer hd and therefor sb does not have access? How do I tell dbpoweramp to send tags with the album to the external hd?
Thanks
Steve

Phil Leigh
2008-07-30, 09:09
Spent some time last night trying to figure out what the problem was and found that the album files in my ext hd have no tags. Only the one album that shows up under "artist, genre" etc. has tags associated with the file. Is it possible the tags are on my computer hd and therefor sb does not have access? How do I tell dbpoweramp to send tags with the album to the external hd?
Thanks
Steve

Steve - the tags are inside the files - they aren't held seperately. You need to use a tag editor (such as Mp3Tag) to fix them - then your SB will work as intended. Once you have fixed the tags you need to do a "clear and rescan" via the Web GUI to get SC to pick them up and organise your library for you.

Bert57
2008-07-30, 10:55
Thanks Phil. I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.
If I were to rip another album it sounds as if it should tag. Is that correct?
Steve

Howard Passman
2008-07-30, 11:24
Hi Bert,

You can edit the tags in your FLAC file using the free Foobar software. Wasn't sure if you knew it was available.

Have a great day,

Howard

Bert57
2008-07-30, 13:30
Howard, thanks. At this point I am not aware of anything. All of this is new to me. Have never even set up an ipod much less something like this.
Will take a look at foobar also.
Thanks again
Steve

radish
2008-07-30, 18:04
Take a look at the Beginner's Guide, particularly the sections on ripping & tagging.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/BeginnersGuide

Bert57
2008-07-31, 08:44
Thanks to all the responders. I am now ripping with tags and the duet is so much more functional. Might have gotten it done on my own (doubt it) but your assistance made all the difference.
I do have another question. When I go to artist on the duet it displays what appears to be every artisrt that participated on each album. A very long list. I know there is a way to handle this in the tags but so far I have been unable to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again.
Steve