PDA

View Full Version : dos window opens ever time I play a song

MoodyDragon
2008-07-28, 17:41
First of all, please forgive me if this has been asked before. I could not find an answer, hence posting this.

Every time I start playing a song from SqueezeCenter to my wireless Slimdevice, I get a windows command line window opening up... Can someone please tell me how to stop this rather annoying feature?

I have an AMD computer running Windows XP

Thanks!

funkstar
2008-07-29, 00:21
What format is the music you are playing?

It sounds to me like you are transcoding and that is what is popping up the command window (although regardless, this shouldn't happen)

bpa
2008-07-29, 00:53
The DOS window can made to appear when you have enabled some sorts of logging (player.source I think) as it is helps debugging.

The other possibility may be some sort of system specific configuration such as a transcoding app property although I don't know specifics.

More details on your system and versions such as version of Windows, version of SC, file formats, transcoding app being used, have you changed any of the conf files.

How SC is configured to run - service, login etc. ?
How do you start SC from systray , own bat file etc.?

Phil Leigh
2008-07-29, 07:03
First of all, please forgive me if this has been asked before. I could not find an answer, hence posting this.

Every time I start playing a song from SqueezeCenter to my wireless Slimdevice, I get a windows command line window opening up... Can someone please tell me how to stop this rather annoying feature?

I have an AMD computer running Windows XP

Thanks!

FLAC or MP3?