PDA

View Full Version : Controller Frustration

davep
2008-07-28, 07:22
I bought a Controller for use with my Transporter a couple of months ago and although it was initially ok it seems to have become increasingly uncooperative in recent days. It had begun to frequently lose the network connection although a restart would normally fix this. For the past couple of days however it has been unable to get a proper IP address on my network (should be 192.168.1.xxx) always getting something which I think began with 259.

Today I said "enough of this" and hit the factory reset option to try a clean start. However the result has been getting stuck in a dead end where the Controller runs what I assume is a set-up wizard (which I don't remember from the first time I set it up) and appears to connect to my network but then goes to a screen where it asks me to set up my Receiver - which of course I don't have - and cannot get out of this place without simply going back and doing it again.

As of now the Controller is completely useless. I have tried disabling WEP security on my router and done multiple hard resets of the Controller and am now out of ideas.

I would appreciate some help if anybody knows how to break out of this rut.

davep

mherger
2008-07-28, 07:52
> to my network but then goes to a screen where it asks me to set up my
> Receiver - which of course I don't have - and cannot get out of this
> place without simply going back and doing it again.

Press and hold LEFT (back) to get out of that mode. You should then be able to select your player.

--

Michael

FredFredrickson
2008-07-28, 07:54
Well, typically, getting a bad IP address was something I got from my linksys router because of a memory leak. I did a firmware update on my linksys router and that fixed the problem for good.

That being said, it could be a faulty controller.. not sure though. Have you tried calling support?

davep
2008-07-28, 15:34
Michael,
I had been trying the hold left move several times without it doing anything and then - of course almost immediately after I vented my frustration on the forum here - it did work and got me to exactly where it should and allowed me to get back on track.

All is now fine, except a slight concern as to how it could become so messed up, seemingly without provocation.

Thanks,
davep