PDA

View Full Version : Duet - wireless SB Receiver problem - Help!

AbMagFab
2008-07-24, 15:21
I have a Duet, Reciever, and a SB3. The SB3 is hard wired and works fine.

The SB Receiver was working fine when I had no WPA on my wireless network, but now I can't get it connected.

The Duet controller is connected and works fine, and can control the wired SB3 just fine.

But I can't seem to get the SB Receiver set up. How do I configure the WPA key on the receiver? I pressed the front button until it rapidly blinked red, but then it slowly blinks red and nothing ever happens.

Help!

AbMagFab
2008-07-24, 20:21
Well, I figured it out on my own. I popped out the battery on the Duet controller, put it back in (while the SB Receiver was in "red" mode), and that seemed to fix it. I had the choice to pick the SBR on the Duet controller.

Weird.

Skittler
2008-07-25, 01:57
I'm guessing a Factory Reset on the Controller would also have worked, allowing it to pick up the Receiver. Had you tried that?

AbMagFab
2008-07-25, 08:01
I'm guessing a Factory Reset on the Controller would also have worked, allowing it to pick up the Receiver. Had you tried that?

Why would I have tried that before simply popping out the battery? That's like saying "reformat your PC before trying something simpler".

So no, I didn't reset the controller as I've already customized it and didn't want to set everything up again. And as I said above, simply popping out the battery resolved it.

thesil
2008-07-27, 13:14
I also did the battery pop out thing. Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't. Today it seems to have worked after a few pop outs and a computer re-start. This controller seems to have a mind of its own. It could be smooth fro a few days, and then al of a sudden I'll get the dreaded blue icon on the controller. Very strange!!