PDA

View Full Version : Just how many Dannii Minogue albums do you own?

drs
2008-07-24, 01:19
Because I apparently own a lot. I also seem to own a lot of Ray Charles albums.

Anyone have any ideas why I got so many incorrect album covers, and is there a good way to fix it?

Thanks

http://www.ecp.cc/images/dannii.jpg

Skittler
2008-07-24, 01:21
Could be a lot worse.

100 Alice Coopers, anyone?

mherger
2008-07-24, 01:39
> Anyone have any ideas why I got so many incorrect album covers, and is
> there a good way to fix it?

You might first check whether this is a Moose issue, and then post to the correct forum with a reasonable subject. Chances are so much bigger to get the attention needed by the right people. Though the current subject might attract many more visits.

--

Michael

pippin
2008-07-24, 03:05
Could be a lot worse.

100 Alice Coopers, anyone?

A lot worse: hundreds of "The Economist Audio Edition"s
But that's a different issue...

Although I like the first one, brought to me by Safari and the default skin.

@Michael:
You should probably NOT like the first one. I thought this was brought to me by MusicIP but it's a Safari only issue, the cover is correct on Firefox 3!
I checked the filename and it's correctly loading a cover with a wrong id. Fully reproducible. Always the same "wrong" cover. Only in that view, if I go to the details view it will show the correct one. If I select "big covers" (artwork view) it will do so, too.
This is not the only album that has this. And it's not related to me having lots of albums with the same name here, I have this on simple, single albums, too.
Looking at my library: it ALWAYS this one cover that gets shown (Again: could have been worse, could've been the other way 'round), although it always loads under a different ID, which, by the way, is NOT the one for the album the cover actually belongs to (which shows up correctly).

Also: Do you see what I'm missing on that screen? It's an Album view of a 7.2 from two days ago. This is Safari and it works OK on Firefox 3. Looks to me like a "z-index" issue since sometimes the CONTENT (image) shows up and I can ALWAYS click it, even though I don't see it.
So: Spot the missing thingy...

mherger
2008-07-24, 03:29
> Also: Do you see what I'm missing on that screen?

No. I'm sorry, I don't follow you... what happens if you load that image all alone in a new windows? (and please try to clear your cache ;-))

--

Michael

DrLovegrove
2008-07-24, 04:11
2008/7/24 drs <drs.3d1mvb1216887602 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:
>
> Because I apparently own a lot. I also seem to own a lot of Ray Charles
> albums.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why I got so many incorrect album covers, and is
> there a good way to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> [image: http://www.ecp.cc/images/dannii.jpg]

Ah yes, the Danni Minogue easter egg in Moose..

Actually, looks more like a bug than an easter egg.. Might be worth closing
moose, deleting your 'thumbs' folder - usually alongside moose.exe - and
then rescanning in moose.

Not seen anything like this before - if that doesnt fix it, let me know..

Do you get same in the library view ?

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove
http://groups.google.com/group/moosenews

pippin
2008-07-24, 04:28
> Also: Do you see what I'm missing on that screen?

No. I'm sorry, I don't follow you...

The dropdown for the view/sort oder is not showing up. Although I can click it and it works.

After clearing the cache the content (image) is gone and the frame shows up. Hm. And I have the same issue not on the dropdown for the playlist (which was OK before).

That's a different issue from the one with the artwork.

what happens if you load that image all alone in a new windows? (and please try to clear your cache ;-))

Clearing the cache did help here. I have a lot of Benny Goodmans now (although on different Albums)... Funny enough half of them are actually on Jazz records (no I do not group or tag Jazz records separately). Maybe my first assumption was right and it actually IS a MusicIP issue...?

If I load the image in a separate window, it will still show ol' Benny.

drs
2008-07-24, 10:29
You might first check whether this is a Moose issue, and then post to the correct forum with a reasonable subject. Chances are so much bigger to get the attention needed by the right people.

No, they all show up this way in slimserver too. Moose was just a striking way to organize it.

Though the current subject might attract many more visits.

I am doing a rebuild of the computer soon, so I am going to try to let this work its way out in the process. It is actually worse than this as there are places where the same album shows up in the library 3 times, two of them with no album art, and the third time with a Dannii (or Ray) cover. The weirdest part is that while I do own the Dannii album (yes, I know that's pathetic) I don't even own the Ray Charles one that shows up in equal abundance.

drs
2008-07-24, 10:34
Ah yes, the Danni Minogue easter egg in Moose..

By the way, I know everyone says things like this, but I'll add my $0.02. This Moose business, and having a non-web interface, is a really nice addition to using a squeezebox. That is is really well done and fun to use is just a bonus.