PDA

View Full Version : Netgear Router or WAP connection issues?

devehf
2008-07-23, 18:34
I am not able to get my Squeezebox Duet to connect to my Netgear WG602 Wireless Access Point and my Netgear RP614 Router. Anyone else able to get these products to work with a Duet?

After setting up the wireless network settings on the remote, I try to setup the squeezebox and get the following error after the setup process progress animation:
"Couldn't connect your squeezebox to your wireless network. Make sure it is within range of your wireless network. (lost squeezebox)."

I can connect the squeezebox via a wired connection to the router and do a software update. I am able to connect to my squeezeserver b/c i was able to do a software update.

Version: 7.0.1 r2448
root@padbuild #74 Tue May 13 11:45:21 PDT 2008

I know I can connect to the WAP b/c the remote shows that it is connected and I can see the remote and the squeezebox on the station list on the WAPs web admin page.

devehf
2008-08-02, 16:11
I found out what the issue was. My WAP's WEP key was set to position 3 and the squeezebox apparently only works on position 1.

I can connect now. Most of the time. Seems really finicky. Looses the connection to the squeezecenter often.

Nonreality
2008-08-02, 21:54
I found out what the issue was. My WAP's WEP key was set to position 3 and the squeezebox apparently only works on position 1.

I can connect now. Most of the time. Seems really finicky. Looses the connection to the squeezecenter often.
Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you access point. Don't trust the automated updates, they don't work. Go to the site and compare.

devehf
2008-08-03, 11:26
Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you access point. Don't trust the automated updates, they don't work. Go to the site and compare.
Yes, indeed I have the latest firmware on all my netgear products.