PDA

View Full Version : Replaygain - how to find out which albums don't have Replaygain tags

Rick B.
2008-07-22, 05:55
I have 1,000 albums ripped to Flac using EAC. I have then added Replaygain tags using Foobar - for "almost" all of them. Is there some way I can run a report to find those few albums that I don't have RG tags for? Thanks.

moley6knipe
2008-07-22, 05:57
I'd use mp3tag and use the Filter (F3) function.

tommyz
2008-07-22, 07:15
Just drag the whole directory into foobar and let it scan, it will calc/apply RG only to those tracks that do not have RG-info.

I do it all the time when I forget to RG some albums.

TommyZ

Rick B.
2008-07-23, 05:28
Just drag the whole directory into foobar and let it scan, it will calc/apply RG only to those tracks that do not have RG-info.

I do it all the time when I forget to RG some albums.

TommyZ

Perfect solution. Thanks.

blazingtortoise
2008-07-23, 05:48
Hi all,

Does squeezecentre process the replay gain information for FLAC files? For some reason I thought it didn't.

Cheers.

Si.

aubuti
2008-07-23, 06:09
Does squeezecentre process the replay gain information for FLAC files? For some reason I thought it didn't.
It will, if you set it to do so. Look under Volume Adjustment -- the exact location of the setting varies depending on SC version and interface (web ui, Controller, IR remote). Personally I prefer the "Smart Gain" setting, which uses the album gain tags if you are playing an album, or the track gain tags if you are playing individual tracks from various albums. See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Automatic_Volume_Adjustment

Secret Squirrel
2008-07-23, 06:10
Hi all,

Cheers.

Si.

You're correct. Squeeze Center doesn't process the regain tags unless you turn on the processing. I believe the setting can be found in the server settings page, but am not at home to check.

SS

blazingtortoise
2008-07-23, 06:27
Cool, thanks, looks like my server has little job to do this evening!