PDA

View Full Version : Updating Artwork without having to full re-scan

BigTony
2008-07-22, 02:37
After a bit of experimentation I've come to the conclusion that if I add or change artwork after an album has been added to the database, then the artwork isn't displayed when browsing (only visible on the Now Playing screen) and that no amount of 'scan for new and updated music' fixes this problem. My only 'work-around' is to force Foobar to update the tags, then the album comes in as a new album.

Is there anyway to fix this problem? or is a scan for new and updated music just that, artwork is ignored?

BT

Liam Obrien
2008-07-22, 12:25
I could be wrong about this (and apologies in advance if I am), but if it's only a couple of albums that have cover art to be updated, I believe that if you navigate to those albums via the "music folder" in squeezecenter and click on the album to see the track list etc or click play then it will update the cover art. Alternatively, as you mentioned, the "clear library and rescan everything" option in the server settings should pick up the changes.

itm
2008-07-23, 11:30
I could be wrong about this (and apologies in advance if I am), but if it's only a couple of albums that have cover art to be updated, I believe that if you navigate to those albums via the "music folder" in squeezecenter and click on the album to see the track list etc or click play then it will update the cover art. Alternatively, as you mentioned, the "clear library and rescan everything" option in the server settings should pick up the changes.

Unfortunately I've just tried this and it didn't work - it ignored the folder.jpg file for the album that I tried it with :0(

MrSinatra
2008-07-23, 13:32
vote for the artwork only scan in bugzilla.

Siduhe
2008-07-23, 14:09
and in the meantime...you could use "rescan music library" to rescan your library at 4am or similar, assuming you have an always-on server.

MrSinatra
2008-07-23, 14:14
interesting question...

if your bios allows you to turn on your computer, presumably it could turn it on or wake it from sleep/hibernation in time to do the auto-scan, right?

if you had your computer set to sleep/hibernate after 20min or so, would it wait until the auto-scan was done, or would it cut an auto-scan off regardless of what point it was at?

Siduhe
2008-07-23, 14:19
interesting question...

if your bios allows you to turn on your computer, presumably it could turn it on or wake it from sleep/hibernation in time to do the auto-scan, right?

That's exactly what I do.

if you had your computer set to sleep/hibernate after 20min or so, would it wait until the auto-scan was done, or would it cut an auto-scan off regardless of what point it was at?

Hmmm, not sure about that one - don't use sleep/hibernate as I run a very cut down install of XP and these options are disabled.