PDA

View Full Version : Scanner crash with 7.0.1

loganFromLpc
2008-07-19, 07:30
Hi !

After having scanned about 2/3 of my itunes collection, the scanner crashes and I can't really tell why. (I get the windows error message box). In the scanner.log I can find thousands of entries like this:

[08-07-19 16:18:31.2984] MPEG::Audio::Frame::broken (621) Warning: Use of uninitialized value in right bitshift (>>) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>MPEG/Audio/Frame.pm line 621, <$mpeg> chunk 9624.

Is there a way to find out which file was scanned when the problem occured ? As my collection is rather big, I cannot really find out which directories are missing.

In the settings, I have left the music folder setting empty and activated the use itunes checkbox. In the meantime I have downloaded and tried version 7.1, but the results where the same.

Thanks for your help !!

Manuel

schiegl
2008-07-19, 07:45
Hi Manuel,

set the logging level (settings->advanced->logging) for scan* to debug and you should see on which file the scanner bails out. Maybe you have to set plugin.itunes to debug, too.

I've just recently stumbled over those "Use of uninitialized value in right bitshift"-messages myself. In my case this caused no further problems, tracks have been recognized by SC and could be played.

kind regards,
Markus

loganFromLpc
2008-07-20, 08:15
Thanks for the tip !
After enabling logging, I could identify the file which caused the crash. Although for me it seemed to be a pretty normal mp3, I deleted it and now everything worked.

But now I have a different problem: The artist information is missing after the import. In the satistics I can see something like xxx songs in yyy albums by 0 artists and when I use the menue to browse over artists I get none. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be here ?

Thanks,
Manuel

schiegl
2008-07-20, 14:34
Hi Manuel,

i'm sorry i can't help you with this itunes-import problem (don't have iTunes myself). But you could always contact support and they will for sure help you - you probably have to provide the xml-file/db...

good luck!

kind regards,
Markus

loganFromLpc
2008-07-24, 12:10
Thanks anyway !