PDA

View Full Version : Problem with touching the power input

Nonreality
2008-07-19, 02:19
I've noticed for a while that if I even touch the power input that it causes weird things to happen to the display. It's gotten worse now. If I even touch the power line the display jumps around and sometimes goes blank (kinda reboots). Do you think think this is a flaw that should be replaced? Just touching it causes this to happen. I don't want this to cause a total failure down the road so I wonder if I should contact support and get it replaced? I really don't want to be without it though. :(

andynormancx
2008-07-19, 02:38
Whatever "it" is, "it" sounds broken.

bpa
2008-07-19, 04:54
You don't say which model.

A whole back, there was issue with the fit of the power connector and that in some instances if wiggled by a user, cause intermittent power connection and a reboot.

If it is a mechanical fit issue - contact support.

Nonreality
2008-07-19, 14:57
You don't say which model.

A whole back, there was issue with the fit of the power connector and that in some instances if wiggled by a user, cause intermittent power connection and a reboot.

If it is a mechanical fit issue - contact support.It's the SB3 bought around Jan 2008. It seems to fit fine but the slightest touch can make the display change or reboot. It usually doesn't come into play as I don't touch it but sometimes just dusting around it and I'll bump it and it reboots. I'm just worried that it could become more of a problem in the future after the warrenty runs out.