PDA

View Full Version : SB3 failed - advice solicited

Millwood
2008-07-17, 17:25
On of my SB3's has failed. The display is blank, and there is no audio output. However, the slimserver thinks it exists and is working - I can "start" music playing - but there is no output.

I've tried a hard reset (add+apply power). Nothing happens.

Any other advice?

Does slim repair out of warranty boxes?

sleepysurf
2008-07-17, 18:32
I'd try a Xilinx reset, as previously discussed in other threads...
Disconnect the power, press and hold 1 on the remote and reconnect the power. Release 1 when you see the message about reflashing the Xilinx.

Anoop M.
2008-07-17, 18:35
If the xlinx does not work and the Factory reset does not work then yes we do repair out of warranty units for $90.

Email Support AT Slimdevices DOT com and let them know you have a dead unit.

Aztek
2008-07-17, 18:53
Hi - my SB3 failed last weekend. Similar symptoms to you but Slimserver was not recognizing a player. In my case - my power supply partially failed. It was only delivering a portion of the 5v to the SB3. I could see a red light running behind the optical input but there was insufficient power to run the SB3.

I purchased another 5v 2A regulated power supply for $26NZD and hey presto - it worked again. Suggest you try another power supply before sending it anywhere.

Millwood
2008-07-17, 20:30
Hi - my SB3 failed last weekend. Similar symptoms to you but Slimserver was not recognizing a player. In my case - my power supply partially failed. It was only delivering a portion of the 5v to the SB3. I could see a red light running behind the optical input but there was insufficient power to run the SB3.

I purchased another 5v 2A regulated power supply for $26NZD and hey presto - it worked again. Suggest you try another power supply before sending it anywhere.

Thanks but I have two and the other works fine on either supply, the dead is dead on either supply.

Millwood
2008-07-18, 08:37
My dead SB3 is white, live one is Black. Is it feasible and safe to swap the case?