PDA

View Full Version : Built-in WMA support on Windows

Chris Davies
2004-03-17, 01:26
OK - so I unplugged my wireless and plugged the squeezebox into the same ethernet port. WMAs now play with no drop outs. Plug the wireless back in and switch the squeezebox back to wireless - dropouts start immediately. I should add that the squeezebox and the wireless are in the same room with no other electronics. My handheld's wireless tools report both signal strength and link quality to be 100% in the room. This looks like a squeezebox issue to me - though I am puzzled as to why WMAs used to play ok and now do not. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this would be very helpful.

Kind regards

Chris
----- Original Message -----
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 7:35 AM
Subject: [slim] Built-in WMA support on Windows

Well, after posting this I found the FLAC drop out posts. It seems I am having the same problems with windows and Wma. I have no problems in reproducing the problem - it is every track every two seconds or so. This is odd since it worked perfectly when the new build first came out.
I am using wireless - but the signal strength is 100% and haven't added any wireless interference to my equation. I am going to try a wired link and see if that helps.
----- Original Message -----
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 6:38 AM
Subject: [slim] Built-in WMA support on Windows

Odd. The new wma support for windows was working fine for me. However, the squeezebox suddenly started to leave 2 second gaps in songs every 2 seconds or so. This doesn't happen when I play mp3s. Also, I haven't changed any of the settings on my server box or added any software (or hardware to my network) Any thoughts?
Chris