PDA

View Full Version : Waking up to Radio 4

gandt
2008-07-15, 02:55
OK I know this is me but can anybody tell me how to get my squeezebox to wake me up with radio 4? I understand the basic alarm options and Im guessing the problem is something to do with "current playlist" if I have been listening to Radio 4 the night before and use Sleep to turn the machine off is Radio 4 still on my current playlist the next day or is there something different i need to do. Sorry if this is blindingly obvious...

Graham

peter
2008-07-15, 03:03
gandt wrote:
> OK I know this is me but can anybody tell me how to get my squeezebox to
> wake me up with radio 4? I understand the basic alarm options and Im
> guessing the problem is something to do with "current playlist" if I
> have been listening to Radio 4 the night before and use Sleep to turn
> the machine off is Radio 4 still on my current playlist the next day or
> is there something different i need to do. Sorry if this is blindingly
> obvious...
>

You have to save the playlist first. Give it a name like 'radio4'. Then
you can select that name in teh Alarm settings.

Note that you won't be woken up when radio 4 or your internet connection
is down.

That's the reason I don't use this option. I wish SD would fall back to
a beep in such situations.

Regards,
Peter

Siduhe
2008-07-15, 03:06
I have a specific playlist with the Radio 4 url in it - so just play Radio 4, in the web interface select Save Playlist (bottom right), call it Radio 4, and then select that new playlist as the alarm playlist option.

Use current playlist should work though - although do you do an overnight rescan of your library at all? This may wipe the now playing playlist, depending on what version of SC you are using.

Also, there was a bug (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8606) which affected radio playlists and the alarm functionality (just in Windows I think?) in SC 7.1 which is now fixed.

ModelCitizen
2008-07-15, 03:53
Also, there was a url=http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8606]bug[/url] which affected radio playlists and the alarm functionality (just in Windows I think?) in SC 7.1 which is now fixed.

I'm using windows 7.1/7.2 and find that whenever I upgrade to the next nightly my alarm Current Playlist setting is wiped and it defaults to Random Song Mix (with the result that I was rudely awakened by Deep Purple's Highway Star this morning).

MC

Siduhe
2008-07-15, 03:56
I'm using windows 7.1/7.2 and find that whenever I upgrade to the next nightly my alarm Current Playlist setting is wiped and it defaults to Random Song Mix (with the result that I was rudely awakened by Deep Purple's Highway Star this morning).

MC

I saw something similar this morning, although I think I got off a little more lightly with "I'm sorry I haven't a Clue"...

gandt
2008-07-15, 05:00
Now i understand - and yes the problem was (probably) overnight rescan losing the current playlist

thanks again

graham