PDA

View Full Version : logitech support issues

Gomez
2008-07-14, 14:31
Got my duet last thursday unfortunately the
receiver didn't work, phoned support they agreed the receiver was at fault, as I already have an sb3 & a receiver a freind got me I asked the if it was possible to return just the receiver as I can still use the controller.
Well they said they would phone me back on friday to let me know if that's possible, by 4:30 they had not called so I called them. "Oh we are waiting to see if the receiver is available as a spare part & it's unlikely that we will have an answer today".

So I phoned again today (Monday) I was told to phone back in a week !!! if I hadn't heard from them ? WTF I said well surely you can buy a receiver by itself so why not send me one of them. "we can't do that sir because it's not on the system as a spare part. !!! I am not too impressed to say the least.

Gomez..
Ps. Thanks for the therapy needed to vent. hehehe

Anoop M.
2008-07-14, 15:50
Can I ask who you spoke with?

Are you dealing with the UK support team?

Can you PM me your incident #?

mick_w
2008-07-15, 00:33
I posted this in an unrelated thread, but it's probably best posted here...

I've had similar problems with Logitech support in the UK.

I phoned them yesterday to report the new SB Controller I'd purchased from the Logitech website arrived without the UK adapter for the power supply.

The guy I spoke to was actually based in Holland (even though I dialled a UK telephone number) and I got the impression he had no idea what a Squeezebox Controller actually was.

I've been promised a call back later today by a supervisor as it appears the adapter isn't a stocked spare part. Looks like I've got to ship everything back to Germany for a replacement.

Not impressed with the Logitech European support team.

Ramage
2008-07-15, 01:09
I posted this in an unrelated thread, but it's probably best posted here...

I've had similar problems with Logitech support in the UK.

I phoned them yesterday to report the new SB Controller I'd purchased from the Logitech website arrived without the UK adapter for the power supply.

The guy I spoke to was actually based in Holland (even though I dialled a UK telephone number) and I got the impression he had no idea what a Squeezebox Controller actually was.

I've been promised a call back later today by a supervisor as it appears the adapter isn't a stocked spare part. Looks like I've got to ship everything back to Germany for a replacement.

Not impressed with the Logitech European support team.

I agree, the offered solution is a total ballsache, and they need to get their act together. To save the hassle, you can get a power adapter clip here:
http://www.watt-power.co.uk/catalogue/adapters-plugs-input-c-149_83_32.html

ModelCitizen
2008-07-15, 01:17
Your experience with Logitech support is very different from mine.

I needed a new Transporter backlit remote. At the time there was not one for sale anywhere. Logitch support bent over backwards to find me one, finally finding sourcing it in the States (as it was discovered that European bought Transporters were never supplied with backlit remotes). Logitech support even rang me on my mobile to work out a solution (UK from Switzerland).

I have to say I was deeply impressed.

MC

Gomez
2008-07-15, 06:29

I needed a new Transporter backlit remote. At the time there was not one for sale anywhere. Logitch support bent over backwards to find me one, finally finding sourcing it in the States (as it was discovered that European bought Transporters were never supplied with backlit remotes). Logitech support even rang me on my mobile to work out a solution (UK from Switzerland).

MC

Lets just hope that mine is just a glitch then I really like logitech products & being in I.T have bought loads of them for myself & clients so fingers crossed lets hope they get sorted

SilverRS8
2008-07-15, 10:17

MC

I guess this differs by country. When I bought my SB3 I also wanted to order a spare backlit remote. Logitech Netherlands were not able to help nor were they willing to put any effort to it (I suggested that they could facilitate ordering through SlimDevices site (don't deliver to europe) for which I was willing to pay but this didn't seem possible).

Finally found a store in the netherlands who could deliver me one :-)

Logitech, as one of the few companies, also don't have any means to file complaints (at least not through their website). The effort of SlimDevices is amazing though judging from the forum. In my case JimC was offered to take my complaint and forward it to the right person/

Don't get me wrong I really like the Logitech products but I certainly hope none of my Logitech products get broken.

mick_w
2008-07-18, 08:38
Time for me to apologise, I was far to quick to criticise.

After several phone calls from Holland and Switzerland the guys at Logitech support have tracked down an adapter and have dispatched it to me.

They couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks to all involved that sorted this out.

Mick

bigfool1956
2008-07-19, 07:03

MC

That's strange, because my TP has a backlit remote (I just checked). Mine was bought through advancedmp3players, who I believe source from Progressive. Maybe they are different to Logitech (Europe) sourced ones. Odd!