PDA

View Full Version : No Album cover thumbnails in Duet

itm
2008-07-14, 14:01
I have a Squeezebox Duet, and SC7.1 running on Windows XP. When browsing albums by artist most of the album cover thumbnails aren't displayed on the Duet handset - I get the music symbols instead. The artwork is all there, and is displayed alongide each track in the playlist in the web interface. The artwork is also displayed on the "Now Playing" screen on the Duet.

Does anyone know how I can get the thumbnails displayed in the Artist Album list?

Kuben72
2008-07-14, 14:21
I have discovered that if the image is too large=high quality picture the SBC sometimes have problems with showing the album art. I have gone trough my entire collection and downsized every cover. And now every cover is showing without any problems. And on top of that I got a faster load time for the list of albums :)

itm
2008-07-14, 14:32
Most of my folder.jpg files are between 20kb and 50kb, so not huge. If I do a song search I see the thumbnails fine. It's just on the album list or the artist-album list that they don't get displayed.

???

Kuben72
2008-07-15, 13:34
Okay. Then I'm out of things to do. Sorry.

simbo
2008-07-16, 01:58
Could be a network range issue. If I'm too far from the router my Controller sometimes doesn't bother getting album art.

You might want to check that there is only one image associated with each mp3 file. A tool like MediaMonkey can show you all the linked images (including those embedded).

Trevor
2008-07-16, 02:21
I often find that thumbnails don't appear on my controller but do appear on the web interface until I get SqueezeCenter to re-scan the library with the "Clear library and rescan everything" option enabled. After that the thumbnails appear on my controller.

Jeff Flowerday
2008-07-16, 07:28
I often find that thumbnails don't appear on my controller but do appear on the web interface until I get SqueezeCenter to re-scan the library with the "Clear library and rescan everything" option enabled. After that the thumbnails appear on my controller.

I've noticed this as well. New stuff added and only doing a rescan update not a complete clear will cause some art to not show on the remote.

I've also see some stuff not show even with a full rescan. I can't explain it or make it happen with any consistency so I haven't filed a bug report.

Siduhe
2008-07-16, 07:52
I've seen this a couple of times with an earlier build of the jive (Controller) software (and it was also an issue in the very early beta testing program), but a recent update of the Controller seems to have sorted this out. However, I'm running 7.2 of Squeezecenter, so not sure if this experience will also be relevant to you both.

What version of the Controller software are you running (look under Settings/Advanced)?

itm
2008-07-16, 12:01
I did a clear library and rescan, and now most (but not all) of the covers are displayed. The scanning is obviously a little hit-and-miss. THe missing covers I notice are also missing on the web interface.

The controller software is 7.0.1 r2448

Trevor
2008-07-21, 06:40
Also try checking the album cover will open in another application such as internet explorer (i.e. to check they're not corrupt)
and check they've been named correctly.

Maybe try re-scanning a few times.

hebsbebs
2008-10-29, 03:37
I am new in this. I just connected my new Squeezebox Duet to my Synology Nas DS107+ Server yesterday.
I scanned my music libary with no problems (a lot of my MP3 files is tagged).
But albumcover came up on the Controller display ??
Do I have to place a .Jpeg picture in each albumfolder on my Server ??