PDA

View Full Version : I think my squeezebox duet receiver might be toast

graham_alton
2008-07-14, 11:06
I have just e-mailed support with the following text, wondering if any forums users have seen this sort of problem or if anybody has any advice?

I have just set up my SqueezeBox Duet and it encountered problems while updating the software/firmware on the controller. The firmware update seemed to cycle in an infinite loop as the light sequence was looping around the various colors identified in the manual. After more than an hour of leaving the update to apply I restarted the firmware update against a different (lower level) version of SqueezeCenter and the firmware update has applied successfully. However, my controller now seems hosed.

The two versions I've been trying are the ones from the slim devices Debian repository as I'm running Ubuntu Hardy, the repositories in question are identified by these apt sources lines:
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com stable main
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com testing main
I believe it's the testing repository that has caused my issue.

The SqueezeCenter version is identified as:
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0.1 - 19705 @ Wed May 14 19:53:57 PDT 2008 - Debian - EN - iso-8859-1

The problem I have now is when I try to play a track it simply does not play and the following error and backtrace are written to the server.log file:
[08-07-14 18:43:48.4471] Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (1645) Error: While opening current track, so mark it as already played!
[08-07-14 18:43:48.4501] Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (1645) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Source.pm line 1645)
frame 1: Slim::Player::Source::errorOpening (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm line 610)
frame 2: Slim::Player::Squeezebox2::failedDirectStream (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 561)
frame 3: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::_disco_handler (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/Slimproto.pm line 381)
frame 4: Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 243)
frame 5: (eval) (/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 243)
frame 6: Slim::Networking::Select::select (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 503)
frame 7: main::idle (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 453)
frame 8: main::main (/usr/sbin/squeezecenter-server line 1012)

This is a repeatable error now, any time I try to play a track I get the same backtrace and errors.

I would like to seek your advice to see if this is a fixable problem or not, and how to fix if possible? I'm slightly worried my problem looks to have been seen by a forum user before who had to send his box back (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=319173), will this be necessary, and can you provide instructions on what I should do from the UK?

graham_alton
2009-03-25, 10:55
I've finally fixed all my problems and got a working configuration at very long last. I have simply swapped my DG834Gv1 router I was using for a slightly more up-to-date DG834PN router. The new router doesn't provide any better signal or data throughput but does appear to work. I suspect my rather old DG834Gv1 router that was released before the G spec was ratified had some sort of issue, possibly buffer over/under run for example.